CAMPBELL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--8x8, Inc. (NYSE: EGHT), a leading integrated cloud communications platform, today launched the 8x8 Open Communications PlatformTM, the industry’s most complete portfolio of work-from-anywhere enterprise communications. 8x8 uniquely brings together the essential elements required in an enterprise communications platform, combining voice, team chat, meetings, and contact centers solutions fueled by shared intelligent communications services like AI-driven expert routing and predictive analytics. As part of the platform launch, 8x8 announced the availability of Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) programmable applications and APIs, including SMS and 8x8 Video, for organizations to extend and customize 8x8 and third-party applications and workflows, and 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams, the enterprise-class global cloud telephony solution that is the first to fully integrate with Microsoft Teams without changing the experience for end users.
"Through 2022, one-half of organizations will determine that their technology for enterprise communications is ineffective for meeting business continuity needs and falls short in the open communications requirements for secured and seamless interactions across devices and people," said Mark Smith, CEO and Chief Research Officer at Ventana Research. "Modernizing the communication platform within organizations will improve the overall employee and customer experiences by reducing friction and enabling richer, more reliable communication experiences across all business functions."
8x8 Open Communications PlatformTM
The 8x8 Open Communications Platform accelerates digital transformation initiatives and strengthens business responsiveness and resilience by providing secure, scalable and extensible capabilities that are required for organizations to create unique employee and customer experiences at scale.
“Work-from-anywhere has recently become a top-of-mind, board-level initiative, and a critical element for every organizations' business resilience strategy. Forward-thinking CIOs must reimagine how their businesses move ahead — without effective communications, organizations crumble,” said Bryan Martin, Chairman and Chief Technology Officer at 8x8, Inc. “The 8x8 Open Communications Platform provides CIOs with the ability to tailor a communications strategy that adapts to rapidly evolving business challenges, and meets the unique needs of employees, partners and customers.”
CPaaS Programmable Applications & APIs Now Available in the US and UK
Through its network of more than 130 top-tier carriers reaching 190 countries, 8x8 is expanding the availability of its CPaaS programmable applications and APIs along with its delivery capabilities beyond the Asia Pacific region to organizations in the US and the UK. 8x8 APIs and programmable applications enable organizations to customize enterprise communications, third-party applications and workflows to optimize operations, such as marketing, sales, field service and customer support, to deliver seamless, exceptional experiences for employees and customers. New capabilities include:
- Use the API to increase security with two-factor authentication and verification of mobile phone numbers.
- Drive marketing campaigns instantly with Campaign Manager - no integration required.
- Develop new customer experiences with notifications and updates that automatically keep them informed.
- A new programmable application that embeds video into workflows and applications.
- Create new experiences with instant video conferencing.
- Redefine sales, support and ecommerce with video-based engagements.
- Secure video solution.
Enterprise-grade Cloud Telephony for Microsoft Teams
8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams is an enterprise-grade cloud telephony solution for Microsoft Teams environments allowing global organizations to scale and deliver work-from-anywhere communications. It delivers a reliable and easy-to-administer global voice solution for IT leaders while keeping the Microsoft Teams experience unchanged for end users. The 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams solution enables enterprises using Microsoft Teams for collaboration to drive usage by:
- Removing the burden and complexity of managing an on-premise, enterprise telephony infrastructure, and delivering a single, global cloud voice solution across multiple countries and locations directly from any Microsoft Teams interface, including desktop and mobile apps.
- Providing a cloud-to-cloud direct routing integration with the Microsoft Phone System to deliver superior voice quality, global calling plans, native contact center support, seamless integration with third-party enterprise applications and call analytics that go beyond Microsoft’s and other third-party vendor’s limited telephony offerings for Microsoft Teams.
- For additional details, read the press release here.
New 8x8 callstats performance monitoring, continuously monitors the network from end-to-end, collecting up to 750 data points from each endpoint every few seconds during an active voice or video session. A high performance data collection engine with service provider scalability captures and centralizes the data for analysis with AI-based algorithms analyzing the metrics collected to detect anomalies that can indicate trouble.
The product uses highly efficient data aggregation algorithms that correlate session information in real time for session types ranging from simple localized two-party calls to large multiparty global conferences. 8x8 callstats performance monitoring easily integrates into communication environments enabling IT administrators to troubleshoot end-user problems and allow supervisors to analyze productivity trends.
New AI-Assisted Self Service
With expanded self-service options, CX leaders can effortlessly, consistently and intelligently connect with customers. End-to-end interaction AITM improves automatic responses and ensures context is preserved during the transition from human-less to live agent. New features and functionality are available to help contact centers:
- Reduce customer effort and resolve issues faster – With 8x8 Virtual Agent, conversational AI captures intent to deliver highly personalized, dynamic self-service experiences. New enhancements include integration to Amazon Aurora and Google Firebase for advanced analytics and context.
- Accelerate call routing and communicate with customers from any device - 8x8 Intelligent IVR chatbot now offers the ability to send and receive automated SMS messages for instant mobile communication. A simple, drag-and-drop graphical interface makes it easy to design personalized interactions and deliver updates and notifications while ensuring 24/7 delivery.
Join or Replay the 8x8 Open Communications Platform Virtual Event
8x8 will host a virtual event, Work-from-Anywhere Essentials, on June 9, 2020 at 9 am PT / 12 pm ET with a panel of experts, including Mark Smith, CEO and Chief Research Officer at Ventana Research, and Bryan Martin, Chief Technology Officer at 8x8. The event will discuss how businesses can open the possibilities of open communication to transform their employee and customer experiences. Register for the virtual event at Work-from-Anywhere Essentials.
For more information about the 8x8 Open Communications Platform, visit https://www.8x8.com.
About 8x8, Inc.
8x8, Inc. (NYSE: EGHT) is transforming the future of business communications as a leading Software-as-a-Service provider of voice, video, chat, contact center, and enterprise-class API solutions powered by one global cloud communications platform. 8x8 empowers workforces worldwide to connect individuals and teams so they can collaborate faster and work smarter. Real-time business analytics and intelligence provide businesses unique insights across all interactions and channels so they can delight end-customers and accelerate their business. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
8x8® and 8x8 X Series™ are trademarks of 8x8, Inc.