DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Specialty Surfactants Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global specialty surfactants market is expected to grow with a CAGR greater than 5% during the forecast period. One of the major factors driving the market is the growing personal care industry in Asia-Pacific. However, increasing focus on environmental regulations is hindering the growth of the market studied.
Asia-Pacific accounted for the highest share of the market and is likely to continue dominating the market during the forecast period. Among the end-user industries, household soap & detergent is likely to account for the highest market share during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Household Soap and Detergent Application to Dominate the Market
- Currently, the household soaps & detergents application accounts for the major share of the Global Specialty Surfactants market.
- The primary function of surfactant in detergent is to remove soil from fabrics and to suspend the soil in the wash water. Surfactants in dishwasher detergents are used for wetting surfaces to help soil removal.
- The surfactant level in automatic dishwasher detergents is lower than in hand dishwashing detergents to minimize foaming in the dishwasher. The major surfactants used are LAS, alcohol ethoxy sulfates (AES).
- In the recent past, the growing demand for cleaning products across the world has been a major driver for the specialty surfactants market.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned factors, the household soap & detergent application is expected to dominate the market studied.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Currently, Asia-Pacific accounts for the highest share of the global specialty surfactants market.
- China was the largest consumer of surfactants in Asia-Pacific and the country is likely to continue its dominance during the forecast period.
- Continuous growth in population is a factor fuelling the demand for cosmetics in the country. China is one of the top ten markets for cosmetics export from developed economies, such as the United States.
- The growth of population, which lies in the ages between 20 and 30 years, is the major factor contributing to the increasing cosmetics demand in China.
- Additionally, there has been significant growth in the demand for specialty surfactants from the southeast Asian countries for usage in applications like soap & detergents, personal care, food processing, etc.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned factors, Asia-Pacific is likely to dominate the market studied during the forecast period.
The global specialty surfactants market is moderately fragmented as the majority of the market share is divided among many players. Some of the key players in the market include BASF SE, Dow, 3M, Stepan Company, and KAO CORPORATION, among others.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Personal Care Industry In Asia-pacific
4.1.2 Growth Of The Oleo chemicals Market
4.2.1 Increasing Focus On Environmental Regulations
4.2.2 Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic
4.3 Industry Value-chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Synthetic Surfactants
5.1.2 Bio-based Surfactants
5.2.1 Anionic Surfactants
5.2.2 Cationic Surfactants
5.2.3 Non-ionic Surfactants
5.2.4 Amphoteric Surfactants
5.2.5 Silicone Surfactants
5.2.6 Other Types
5.3.1 Household Soap and Detergent
5.3.2 Personal Care
5.3.3 Lubricants and Fuel Additives
5.3.4 Industry and Institutional Cleaning
5.3.5 Food Processing
5.3.6 Oilfield Chemicals
5.3.7 Agricultural Chemicals
5.3.8 Textile Processing
5.3.9 Other Applications
5.4.2 North America
5.4.4 South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Akzo Nobel N.V.
6.4.3 Arkema Group
6.4.5 BASF SE
6.4.7 Croda International Plc
6.4.9 ELEMENTIS PLC
6.4.10 Emery Oleochemicals
6.4.11 Evonik Industries AG
6.4.14 Godrej Industries Limited
6.4.15 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.17 KAO CORPORATION
6.4.18 KLK OLEO
6.4.20 Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
6.4.21 Reliance Industries Limited
6.4.22 Sanyo Chemical Industries, Ltd.
6.4.25 Stepan Company
6.4.26 Sumitomo Corporation
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/3fyj2y