DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CoreSite Realty Corporation (NYSE:COR) (the “Company”), a premier provider of secure, reliable, high-performance data center, cloud and interconnection solutions in major U.S. metropolitan areas, today announced opening of Phase 1 of its new ground-up data center development in Chicago.
CoreSite’s New Ground-Up Purpose-Built Data Center, One of the First in Downtown Chicago, With High Density, Optimal Access and Sustainably-Focused Construction Features
CoreSite has designed and built a 169,000 square foot facility with a total of 18 megawatts of capacity, known as “CH2,” in the heart of downtown Chicago. The CH2 data center is one of the first purpose-built, ground-up development in downtown Chicago, and CoreSite has completed Phase 1, representing 56,000 square feet and six megawatts of capacity.
“We designed CH2 to offer a new choice in downtown Chicago for high density, easy interconnection access, and sustainably focused operations, in a highly interconnected campus to appeal to those customers who require high performance and low latency at the edge,” said Brian Warren, CoreSite’s Senior Vice President of Development and Product Engineering. “We believe this new facility will meet our customers’ requirements, providing core retail colocation and scale solutions for high density applications with the extensive connectivity options of a multi-cloud and carrier ecosystem.”
CH2 is a resilient and efficient design with —
- Optimized connectivity access, three separate diverse fiber entry routes into the new data center
- High-count diverse dark fiber connecting CH2 to CoreSite’s CH1 data center, one of the top interconnected Chicago data centers, which recently added a Tier 1 cloud provider native cloud onramp
- Designed for high resiliency, with all systems concurrently maintainable with diverse power delivery paths to the customer during maintenance activities
- Sustainability focused cooling system utilizes economization greater than 60% of the year and achieved Energy Star recognition
- Future tax Incentives, in progress with the Illinois Dept. of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
A Powerful Connected Campus and Ecosystem
CoreSite’s Chicago campus provides a strong ecosystem designed to support the digital transformation and hybrid and multi-cloud demands of businesses with increasing data environments, high-performance needs, growing interoperability demands and a need to be located near the network edge.
As part of a connected campus, CH2 is positioned to deliver a rich community of —
- Enterprises, with high-performance, low latency needs
- Best-of-breed solution partners, for hybrid cloud architecture, migration and managed services needs
- Leading cloud service and content providers, accessed via the CoreSite Open Cloud Exchange (OCX) to AWS, Google and Azure cloud onramps and CoreSite’s Any2 Internet Peering exchange
- Expansive network options, including leading network providers deploying natively into CH2, as well as 40+ domestic and international carriers, only a cross connect away at CH1 on the Chicago campus
“Our CH2 Data Center delivers a large and efficient data center design that enables enterprises to solve for mission critical, performance-sensitive hybrid cloud applications, by providing a choice of new purpose-built space versus other market retrofit options,” said Matt Gleason, CoreSite’s Vice President and General Manager of the Chicago market. “The addition of CH2 increases our robust ecosystem to serve customers with one of the most interconnected data center campuses in downtown Chicago.”
Learn More About CoreSite’s CH2 Data Center Capabilities
CH2 Virtual Open House — June 10, 11:00 AM-12:30 PM CDT
Join CoreSite for a virtual open house to highlight CH2, the first purpose-built data center in the heart of downtown Chicago. In addition to the virtual tour, attendees will have the opportunity to —
- Hear industry analyst IDG — present the most recent trends and research,
- Engage with industry experts — from both AT&T and Microsoft Azure,
- Join Q&A — bring your questions to make this an interactive and valuable experience!
- Click here to register — you will be prompted to create a free BrightTALK account if you have not previously accessed the platform.
Contact Our Team
For further information on CoreSite’s new CH2 Data Center and its Chicago campus, please contact Ben Green, Vice President of Sales at Ben.Green@CoreSite.com or Matt Gleason, Vice President and General Manager at Matt.Gleason@CoreSite.com.
- Interconnection – Provided a Vital Foundation for Technology to Explode Video — Get competitive with your digital strategy
- Chicago Market Highlights, Brochure and Map — Build your Digital Foundation in a Downtown Data Center Campus that meets your performance and growth needs now and in the future.
- Accelerate Your Digital Business with CoreSite — Read about the competitive advantages your business can benefit from by working with a network-dense, cloud-enabled colocation provider like CoreSite
- CoreSite Open Cloud Exchange — Connect across the U.S. and simplify your multi-cloud, multi-site network configuration
- CoreSite’s Inter-Site Connectivity — The freedom to scale without constraints through connectivity between data center sites and across regions
CoreSite Realty Corporation (NYSE:COR) delivers secure, reliable, high-performance data center, cloud and interconnection solutions to a growing customer ecosystem across eight key North American markets. More than 1,350 of the world’s leading enterprises, network operators, cloud providers, and supporting service providers choose CoreSite to connect, protect and optimize their performance-sensitive data, applications and computing workloads. Our scalable, flexible solutions and 450+ dedicated employees consistently deliver unmatched data center options — all of which leads to a best-in-class customer experience and lasting relationships. For more information, visit www.CoreSite.com.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws. Forward-looking statements relate to expectations, beliefs, projections, future plans and strategies, anticipated events or trends and similar expressions concerning matters that are not historical facts. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by the use of forward-looking terminology such as “believes,” “expects,” “may,” “will,” “should,” “seeks,” “approximately,” “intends,” “plans,” “pro forma,” “estimates” or “anticipates” or the negative of these words and phrases or similar words or phrases that are predictions of or indicate future events or trends and that do not relate solely to historical matters. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, assumptions and contingencies, many of which are beyond CoreSite’s control that may cause actual results to differ significantly from those expressed in any forward-looking statement. These risks include, without limitation: the geographic concentration of the Company’s data centers in certain markets and any adverse developments in local economic conditions or the level of supply of or demand for data center space in these markets; fluctuations in interest rates and increased operating costs; difficulties in identifying properties to acquire and completing acquisitions; significant industry competition, including indirect competition from cloud service providers; failure to obtain necessary outside financing; the ability to service existing debt; the failure to qualify or maintain its status as a REIT; financial market fluctuations; changes in real estate and zoning laws and increases in real property tax rates; the effects on our business operations, demand for our services and general economic conditions resulting from the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (“COVID-19”) in our markets, as well as orders, directives and legislative action by local, state and federal governments in response to such spread of COVID-19; and other factors affecting the real estate industry generally. All forward-looking statements reflect the Company’s good faith beliefs, assumptions and expectations, but they are not guarantees of future performance. Furthermore, the Company disclaims any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement to reflect changes in underlying assumptions or factors, of new information, data or methods, future events or other changes. For a further discussion of these and other factors that could cause the Company’s future results to differ materially from any forward-looking statements, see the section entitled “Risk Factors” in its most recent annual report on Form 10-K, and other risks described in documents subsequently filed by the Company from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
© 2020, CoreSite, L.L.C. All Rights Reserved