DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "The Global Naval Vessels and Surface Combatants Market 2020-2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report provides the market size forecast and the projected Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) for the next ten years. The report covers the industry analysis including the key market drivers, emerging technology trends, and major challenges faced by industry participants. It also offers insights regarding key factors and government programs that are expected to influence the demand for naval vessels and surface combatants market over the forecast period.
- The global naval vessels and surface combatants market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.70% over the forecast period.
- The global naval vessels and surface combatants market is classified into seven categories: Frigates, Destroyers, Amphibious Ships, Light Combat Vessels, Corvettes, Aircraft Carriers and Auxiliary Vessels.
- North America is expected to dominate the global naval vessels and surface combatants market over the forecast period with a market share of 40.3%, followed by Asia Pacific and European regions.
- Frigates is expected to be the largest segment among other naval vessel categories over the forecast period.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries
- General Dynamics Corp
- Damen Shipyards Group
- Naval Group
- United Shipbuilding Corporation
- BAE Systems Plc
- China State Shipbuilding Corporation
- Eastern Shipbuilding Group
- Cochin Shipyard Ltd
- Navantia SA
- Fincantieri SpA
The demand for naval vessels and surface combatants will be driven by the maritime threats including territorial disputes, smuggling, piracy, terrorism etc., that has driven countries to invest significantly on the naval platforms. Navies across the globe are expanding their fleet by adding new naval vessels, primarily to maintain/gain an asymmetric advantage over their opponents and to protect their territorial waters against any intrusion.
Disputes over offshore territories and maritime boundaries, abetted by the need to exploit offshore resources, including unexplored oil and gas reserves and fertile fishing zones, are expected to be a major driver for the strengthening of naval capabilities for many nations. In addition, the need for new naval vessels is further substantiated due to the ongoing counter-piracy efforts in highly affected maritime shipping routes in regions such as the Malacca Straits and Gulf of Aden. As such, the procurement of new naval vessels will continue to grow across the globe over the forecast period.
North America region is expected to dominate the global naval vessels and surface combatants market from 2020 to 2030. The US's dominance in the naval vessels market is influenced by the country's affinity for advanced military platforms in order to maintain an edge over its adversaries. The country is presently undertaking multiple high-value programs to procure new-generation naval vessels. For instance, the multi-billion dollar FFG(X) program to develop and deploy 20 guided-missile frigates will significantly increase the country's share of the global naval vessels and surface combatants market over the next decade. Similarly, Canada is also procuring various classes of naval vessels equipped with advanced sub-systems to improve its naval capabilities.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Global Naval Vessels and Surface Combatants Market - Overview
- Global Naval Vessels and Surface Combatants Market By Region, 2020-2030
- Global Naval Vessels and Surface Combatants Market By Segment, 2020-2030
3. Market Dynamics
- Demand Drivers: Maritime security threats to drive demand
- Trends: Demand for multirole naval vessels to grow worldwide
- Technological Developments: Integration of EMALS and railgun technology
Key Challenges: Program delays cause cost overruns and diminishes operational capability
4. Global Naval Vessels and Surface Combatants Market - Segment Analysis
- Segment Analysis: Frigates
- Market Size and CAGR Growth Analysis, 2020-2030
- Change in Market Share, 2020-2030
- Segment Analysis: Destroyers
- Segment Analysis: Light Combat Vessels
- Segment Analysis: Amphibious Vessels
- Segment Analysis: Aircraft Carriers
- Segment Analysis: Corvettes
- Segment Analysis: Auxiliary Vessels
- Global Naval Vessels and Surface Combatants Market - Regional Analysis
- Global Naval Vessels and Surface Combatants - Regional Overview, 2020 and 2030
- Regional Analysis: North America
- Regional Analysis: Asia Pacific
- Regional Analysis: Europe
- Regional Analysis: Middle East
- Regional Analysis: Latin America
- Regional Analysis: Africa
5. Global Naval Vessels and Surface Combatants Market - Trend Analysis
6. Key Programs Analysis
7. Competitive Landscape Analysis
8. Major Products and Services
- Financial Analysis covering Revenue, Operating Profit and Net Profit
- Financial Deal and Contracts
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/xiwvol