DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Sustained Release Coatings Market By Polymer Material Type (Ethyl & Methyl Cellulose, Polyvinyl & Cellulose Acetate, Methacrylic Acid, Polyethylene Glycol (PEG), Others), By Application, By Substrate Type, By Region, Competition, Forecast & Opportunities, 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Global Sustained Release Coatings Market was valued at USD 475 million in 2019 and projected to grow at a steady CAGR during the forecast period.
The key factor responsible for increased demand for the sustained release coatings is upsurge in the requirement for microencapsulated products. Additionally, increased investments in research and development activities by the major market players is another major factor which is anticipated to bode well for the growth of the sustained release coatings market across various developing economies over the course of next five years.
The Global Sustained Release Coatings Market is segmented on the basis of polymer material type, application, substrate type, and region. Based on substrate type, the market can be segmented into tablets, capsules and pills. Out of which, the tablet substrate type dominated the market in terms of the largest market share until 2019 and is further anticipated to be the fastest-growing application segment in the sustained release coatings market during the forecast years as well. This growth can be accredited to the development of mini tablets and benefits they offers such as ease of manufacturing, less risk of dose dumping, and minimal requirement of coating material. Moreover, their production does not require the use of solvent which is further boosting the growth of the segment across the globe.
major players operating in the Global Sustained Release Coatings Market include BASF SE, Evonik, Colorcon, Coating Place, Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Mylan N.V., Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc., Pfizer, Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Novartis AG, AstraZeneca, Depomed, Inc., Corium International, Inc., Orbis Biosciences, Inc and others. The companies operating in the Global Sustained Release Coatings Market are focussing more towards the expanding their share in the market. For instance, these key players are making organic strategies such as expansions, mergers and acquisitions, among others in order to increase their market presence.
Years considered for this report:
- Historical Years: 2015-2018
- Base Year: 2019
- Estimated Year: 2020
- Forecast Period: 2021-2025
Objective of the Study
- To analyse and forecast the market size of the Global Sustained Release Coatings Market.
- To classify and forecast the Global Sustained Release Coatings Market based on polymer material type, application, substrate type, company and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for the Global Sustained Release Coatings Market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in the Global Sustained Release Coatings Market.
- To conduct pricing analysis for the Global Sustained Release Coatings Market.
- To identify and analyse the profile of leading players operating in the Global Sustained Release Coatings Market.
Key Topics Covered
1. Product Overview
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Voice of Customer
5. Global Sustained Release Coatings Market Outlook
5.1. Market Size & Forecast
5.1.1. By Value & Volume
5.2. Market Share & Forecast
5.2.1. By Polymer Material Type (Ethyl & Methyl Cellulose, Polyvinyl & Cellulose Acetate, Methacrylic Acid, Polyethylene Glycol (PEG), Others)
5.2.2. By Application (In Vitro and In Vivo)
5.2.3. By Substrate Type (Tablets, Capsules, Pills)
5.2.4. By Region
5.2.5. By Company
6. North America Sustained Release Coatings Market Outlook
7. Europe Sustained Release Coatings Market Outlook
8. Asia-Pacific Sustained Release Coatings Market Outlook
9. Middle East & Africa Printing Ink Market Outlook
10. South America Sustained Release Coatings Market Outlook
11. Market Dynamics
12. Market Trends & Developments
13. Competitive Landscape
13.1. Competition Outlook
13.2. Company Profiles
13.2.1. BASF SE
13.2.4. Coating Place, Inc.
13.2.5. GlaxoSmithKline plc
13.2.6. Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
13.2.7. Mylan N.V.
13.2.8. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
13.2.9. Pfizer, Inc.
13.2.10. Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
13.2.11. Novartis AG
13.2.13. Depomed, Inc.
13.2.14. Corium International, Inc.
13.2.15. Orbis Biosciences, Inc.
14. Strategic Recommendations
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/bficjg