DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Colorectal Cancer: Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Colorectal cancer (CRC) occurs in the large intestine or large bowel. It is the third most common cancer globally and is one of the most common causes of cancer deaths in the world. Early stage CRC is commonly treated with surgery, while metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) treatment is dominated by fluorouracil chemotherapy regimens in combination with angiogenesis inhibitors, primarily Roche's Avastin, and epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitors.
The publisher valued the CRC market at $6.4B in 2018. This market is defined as sales of generic chemotherapy and major branded drugs commonly prescribed for CRC patients across the 8MM. The publisher's expects the market to increase to $8.1B in 2028 at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 2.4%. This global growth is driven by the anticipated approval and launch of 9 pipeline therapies and label expansion of other agents, but will likely be tempered by marked generic erosion of the majority of the currently marketed branded therapies available in 2018.
- The main drivers of growth include the anticipated approval and launch of 9 pipeline therapies, in addition to label expansions of currently marketed therapies across the 8MM during the forecast period.
- The main barriers to growth in the 8MM include the patent expiry of major brands and the high price of premium priced therapeutics entering the market.
- The rapidly growing aging population will lead to an increase in the CRC incident case in the markets covered in this report. Overall, the diagnosed incident cases of CRC across the 8MM are expected to increase by an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 1.9% from 2018-2028.
Key Questions Answered
- Nine late-stage pipeline agents are going to enter the mCRC market from 2018 onwards. What impact will these agents have on the market? Which of these drugs will have the highest peak sales, and why?
- What are the current unmet needs in mCRC and which pipeline agents are positioned to counter these unmet needs? What are the opportunities for R&D?
- What is the market outlook in the 8MM from 2018-2028? Considering major patent expiries, launch of new premium priced agents and expected label expansions.
- What are the main corporate trends? Who are the current and future players?
Reasons to Buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies, using a detailed overview of current pipeline products and technologies to identify companies with the most robust pipelines.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global metastatic colorectal cancer therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global metastatic colorectal cancer cancer market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global metastatic colorectal cancer therapeutics market from 2018-2028.
Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents
2 Colorectal Cancer: Executive Summary
2.1 CRC Market is Expected to Grow to $8.1B in 2028
2.2 Avastin to Remain Leader despiteCompetition from Novel Mechanisms of Action
2.3 Unmet Need Will Remain for the Identification of New Targets and Biomarkers of Response
2.4 CRC Pipeline Moving Towards Precision Medicine in Both the Early and Metastatic Setting
2.5 What Do Physicians Think?
4 Disease Overview
4.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology
4.2 Classification or Staging Systems for CRC
4.3 Clinical Presentation
5.1 Disease Background
5.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities
5.3 Global and Historical Trends
5.4 Forecast Methodology
5.4.1 Sources Used
5.4.2 Sources Not Used
5.4.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods
5.5 Epidemiological Forecast for CRC
5.5.1 Diagnosed Incident Cases of CRC
5.5.2 Age-Specific Diagnosed Incident Cases of CRC
5.5.3 Sex-Specific Diagnosed Incident Cases of CRC
5.5.4 Diagnosed Incident Cases of CRC by Stage at Diagnosis
5.5.5 Diagnosed Incident Cases of CRC by Molecular Markers
5.5.6 Diagnosed Incident Cases of CRC by Population with Curable Synchronous Liver Metastasis
5.5.7 Diagnosed Incident Cases of CRC by Sidedness
5.5.8 Five-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of CRC
5.5.9 All-Time Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of CRC
5.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight
5.6.2 Limitations of the Analysis
5.6.3 Strengths of the Analysis
6 Disease Management
7 Competitive Assessment
8 Unmet Needs and Opportunity Assessment
9 Pipeline Assessment
10 Current and Future Players
11 Market Outlook
- Eli Lilly
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Merck KGaA
- Merck & Co
- Boston Biomedical
- Ono Pharmaceuticals
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/okvz0k
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.