DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Peptide Therapeutics: Contract API Manufacturing Market, 2020 - 2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report features an extensive study of the current market landscape and future opportunities associated with the contract manufacturing of therapeutic peptides. The study also features a detailed analysis of key drivers and trends related to this evolving domain.
Since the establishment of the therapeutic relevance of insulin in the early 1920s, peptide therapeutics have come a long way. Presently, there are over 60 peptide-based drugs available in the market. Specifically, these products represent one of the earliest classes of biologics and have, so far, demonstrated significant potential in the treatment of a variety of metabolic and oncological disorders. Examples of popular, marketed therapeutic peptides include Victoza, LUPRON DEPOT, Zoladex, Sandostatin and Somatuline.
Further, according to experts, more than 600 pharmacological leads based on peptides are currently being investigated across various phases of development. Owing to their proven pharmacological value and favorable safety profiles, the demand for peptide drugs is on the rise. As a result, there is increasing interest in manufacturing solutions for large quantities of such molecules, often requiring complex manipulations of long macromolecular structures, chemical modifications and thorough purification, for both clinical and basic research applications.
Amongst other elements, the report includes:
- A detailed review of the overall landscape of companies offering contract services for manufacturing of peptides, along with information on year of establishment, company size, scale of operation (preclinical, clinical and commercial), geographical location of CMO, number and location of their respective facilities, type of peptide synthesis method used, type of peptide modification services offered, peptide purification technology used, and regulatory accreditations/certifications.
- An analysis on the recent developments in the industry, highlighting collaborations, facility expansions, and upcoming peptide synthesis technologies within this domain.
- Informed estimates of the annual commercial and clinical demand for manufacturing peptides for therapeutic use, based on various relevant parameters, such as target patient population, dosing frequency and dose strength.
- A clinical trial analysis of completed, and active studies related to peptide therapeutics that are have been/being/likely to be conducted across various geographies, based on the trial registration year, trial phase, trial recruitment status, therapeutic areas type of sponsor/collaborator, geography and number of patients enrolled.
- An estimate of the overall, installed capacity for manufacturing peptides, based on data reported by industry stakeholders in the public domain; it highlights the distribution of available peptide production capacity across companies of different sizes (small, mid-sized, large and very large firms), scale of operation (clinical and commercial), and key geographical regions (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific).
- A discussion on regulatory guidelines related to peptide manufacturing, highlighting key differences across various geographies, including the US, Europe, Australia, China, India, Japan and South Korea. It also includes details related to the various challenges, related to regulatory scrutiny, faced by peptide manufacturers.
- Elaborate profiles of the key players that offer contract manufacturing services across different geographies, namely North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Each profile features a brief overview of the company, information on its service portfolio, details related to its manufacturing capabilities and facilities, and an informed future outlook.
- A discussion on industry affiliated trends, key drivers and challenges, under a SWOT framework, which are likely to impact the evolution of this field; it includes a Harvey ball analysis, highlighting the relative impact of each SWOT parameter on industry dynamics.
Key Topics Covered:
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. REGULATORY LANDSCAPE
4.1. Chapter Overview
4.2. Regulatory Scenario in North America
4.3. Regulatory Scenario in Europe
4.4. Regulatory Scenario in Asia Pacific
4.5. Challenges Associated with Peptide Manufacturing
5. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6. COMPANY PROFILES
7. RECENT DEVELOPMENTS
7.1. Chapter Overview
7.2. Partnerships Models
7.3. List of Partnerships and Collaborations
7.4. Expansion Models
7.5. List of Expansions
7.6. Emerging Peptide Synthesis Technologies
8. CLINICAL TRIAL ANALYSIS
9. REGIONAL CAPABILITY ANALYSIS
10. DEMAND ANALYSIS
11. CAPACITY ANALYSIS
12. MAKE VERSUS BUY DECISION MAKING FRAMEWORK
12.1. Chapter Overview
12.2. Assumptions and Key Parameters
12.3. Peptide Therapeutics Contract API Manufacturing: Make versus Buy Decision Making
13. MARKET SIZING AND OPPORTUNITY ANALYSIS
13.1. Chapter Overview
13.2. Assumptions and Forecast Methodology
13.3. Overall Contract Peptide API Manufacturing Market, 2020-2030
13.4. Contract Peptide API Manufacturing Market, 2020-2030: Distribution by Scale of Operation
13.5. Contract Peptide API Manufacturing Market, 2020-2030: Distribution by Peptide Synthesis Method Used
13.6. Contract Peptide API Manufacturing Market, 2020-2030: Distribution by End User
13.7. Contract Peptide API Manufacturing Market, 2020-2030: Distribution by Key Geographical Regions
14. SWOT ANALYSIS
16. SURVEY INSIGHTS
- ABI Scientific
- ACES Pharma
- Active Peptide
- Adar Biotech
- Advanced ChemTech
- Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma
- Alpha Diagnostic
- American Peptide
- Arch Biopartners
- Atlantic Peptides
- Austin Chemical
- BCN Peptides
- Bio Basic
- Biopeptek Pharmaceuticals
- Chinese Peptide
- Cosmo Bio
And Many More Companies!
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/8ng42m