DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Animal Health Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Animal Type (Production, Companion), by End Use, by Product (Pharmaceuticals, Feed Additives, Vaccines), by Distribution Channel, and Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global animal health market size is expected to reach USD 73.6 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 5.8% over the forecast period. The market is driven by technological advancements in veterinary care, which are anticipated to offer the market future growth opportunities. For instance, MediLabSecure, a laboratory network project (2014-2021), was initiated with an aim of identifying emerging viruses and pathogens in 19 countries in the Mediterranean regions. In addition, the emergence of veterinary health information systems, specifically in developed economies, is expected to provide high growth potential.
With the help of these systems, data generated in veterinary clinics can be uploaded on the internet, which can be further shared with other researchers and clinicians. Incorporation of this technology will facilitate real-time analysis for fluctuations in disease prevalence. As a consequence, it is presumed that there will be significant improvement in the overall penetration rate of veterinary health products, which is anticipated to fuel market demand as well as revenue.
North America captured substantial share in the global market in 2019, owing to a wide range of definitive measures adopted by welfare organizations, technological advancements, rising incidence of zoonotic diseases, and increasing number of pet owners. Asia Pacific is expected to exhibit lucrative growth over the coming years as consequence of consistent R&D investments deployed by prominent players and their efforts to commercialize branded and generic therapeutics at a relatively inexpensive price.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- By product, vaccines are expected to exhibit lucrative growth due to significant increase in the adoption of pets, which demands long-term health plans
- Based on animal type, the companion animal segment is anticipated to grow at an exponential rate owing to associated health benefits for humans such as lower blood pressure, greater psychological stability, and reduced anxiety attacks
- By distribution channel, retail channels and e-commerce platforms accounted for a notable share owing to factors such as convenience associated with online pharmacies and increasing number of retail pharmacies
- Point-of testing is fastest growing end-use segment due to increase in demand for highly productive animals and growing investments in R&D for novel animal products
- In 2019, North America accounted for the largest share in the global animal health market owing to local presence of established pharmaceutical companies, consistently striving for extensive commercialization of their products
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a steady rate as a consequence of high clinical urgency to curb incidence of zoonotic diseases and management of disease outbreaks, such as swine influenza and Ebola.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Animal Health Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Animal Health Market Dynamics
3.2 Business Segment Trends
3.3 Business Environment Analysis Tools
Chapter 4 Regulatory & Political Forces
4.1 Regulatory Framework
4.1.1 List of Regulations
Chapter 5 Competitive & Vendor Landscape
5.1 Participation Categorization
5.2 Strategic Initiatives & Outcome Analysis
5.3 Major Deals & Acquisitions
5.4 Vendor Landscape
5.5 List of Animal Health Drugs
5.6 Company Market Share Analysis, 2019
5.7 Public Companies
5.8 Market Share Analysis by Country, 2019
Chapter 6 Animal Health Market: Animal Type Estimates and Forecasts to 2027
6.1 Animal Health Market: Animal Type Movement Analysis
6.2 Production Animal
6.3 Companion Animal
Chapter 7 Animal Health Market: Product Estimates & Trend Analysis
7.1 Animal Health Market: Product Movement Analysis
7.4 Feed Additives
Chapter 8 Animal Health Market: Distribution Channel Estimates & Trend Analysis
8.1 Animal Health Market: Distribution Channel Movement Analysis
8.3 Veterinary Hospitals & Clinics
Chapter 9 Animal Health Market: End-use Estimates & Trend Analysis
9.1 Animal Health Market: End-Use Movement Analysis
9.2 Reference Laboratories
9.3 Point-of-care Testing/In-house Testing
9.4 Veterinary Hospitals & Clinics
Chapter 10 Animal Health Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, by Animal Type, Product, Distribution Channel, End Use
10.1 Animal Health Market Shares By Region, 2019 & 2027
10.2 North America
10.4 Asia Pacific
10.5 Latin America
Chapter 11 Company Profiles
- Merck Animal Health
- Ceva Sant Animale
- Vetiquinol S.A.
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Bayer AG
- Nutreco N.V.
- Heska Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/tniw1y
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.