LOUISVILLE, Ky.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Leading health and well-being company Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) announced today that its senior-focused primary care subsidiaries Conviva Care Centers, Partners in Primary Care, and Family Physicians Group have implemented new company COVID-19 Prevention Standards intended to ensure the highest level of safety when patients attend in-person doctor appointments, providing patients confidence to receive much-needed tests and health screenings.
“The medical professionals at Conviva Care Centers, Partners in Primary Care, and Family Physicians Group are committed to meeting the needs of all of their patients – and are taking every precaution they know to take to keep their patients safe,” said William Shrank, MD, MPHS, Humana’s Chief Medical and Corporate Affairs Officer. “These COVID-19 Prevention Standards are based on guidance from the CDC and local health departments. For those patients who need or prefer to receive care in person, they can be assured that our teams are well prepared to deliver that care as safely as possible.”
Below is a list of the primary COVID-19 Prevention Standards staff members are following at Conviva Care Centers, Partners in Primary Care, and Family Physicians Group facilities to ensure the safety of our patients and staff:
COVID-19 Prevention Standards
- All center staff members will undergo a daily COVID-19 screening, including a temperature check. They will also wear a mask at all times, in addition to other appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- All patients and guests are greeted at the center entrance where a COVID-19 screening process is conducted including temperature check. Each patient is provided a mask and hand sanitizer before entering the center.
- Sick patients are immediately taken to exam rooms to limit time in our waiting rooms or common areas.
- Assist patients in using home delivery services for food and medications.
Prevention with Distancing
- Designated treatment areas are used to care for suspected and symptomatic COVID-19 patients.
- Appointment times are being adjusted to separate our symptomatic and non-symptomatic patients.
- Center furniture has been rearranged to create appropriate social distancing for anyone who may be in our waiting rooms or common areas.
Clean Clinical Environment
- Exam rooms are cleaned and disinfected between each patient visit.
- Every center is comprehensively cleaned and disinfected each night in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- High-traffic, high-touch areas are disinfected several times throughout the day.
Alternative Visit Options
- Telehealth visits will still be an available option for those patients who can be safely monitored and/or treated remotely. The doctor and patient will decide together if it is the right time for the patient to return to the center. For patients who are not able to travel to a center for their scheduled appointments, we are continuing to offer video visits and phone visits.
COVID-19 Prevention Standards are grounded in guidance from the CDC and local health departments, and are subject to change in order to provide a safe environment for face-to-face interactions in our centers.
“The safety of our patients and staff members is our top priority, now and always,” said Tina Shenouda, MD, Partners in Primary Care and Family Physicians Group’s Chief Medical Officer. “For patients who prefer to have face-to-face visits with their physician and care team, we are looking forward to seeing them in our centers and putting forth our COVID-19 Prevention Standards – to reinforce the safety protocols and add an additional layer of protection for our patients and staff. For those patients who have some reservations about face-to-face visits, we will continue to offer telehealth and curbside visits in some locations.”
For those patients who cannot attend an in-person appointment, these practices offer robust virtual care options. Conviva Care Centers, Partners in Primary Care, and Family Physicians Group are leveraging and extending their value-based care model to ensure continued access to care for their patients. In addition to making proactive outreach calls to patients, these practices have adapted their care delivery to support social distancing by helping seniors adopt new technology in video visits and virtual health education. This extends care into the home – supporting CDC directives to keep this most vulnerable patient population safe.
“Putting our patients first is part of our DNA at Conviva and the COVID-19 Prevention Standards are critical to maintaining the safety of our patients and team members,” said Steve Lee, MD, President of Conviva Physician Group. “Regular temperature checks and masks for staff members and our patients are essential enhancements that help to keep everyone safe. Our patients are put at ease, reassured and comforted by the calls they receive from their physicians for telemedicine visits, and when they need to be seen they know that excellent standards are in place for their safe transportation, arrival, and treatment at our centers.”
About Conviva Care Centers
Conviva continues to reinvent excellence in healthcare by embracing meaningful patient relationships focused on producing optimal health outcomes. With more than 90 convenient locations throughout Florida (Broward County, Daytona Beach, Jacksonville, Miami-Dade County, Palm Beach County and Tampa/Gulf Coast) and Texas (Corpus Christi, El Paso and San Antonio), the vast network of Conviva Care Centers is comprised of a multi-disciplinary team of more than 300 primary care physicians and over 800 affiliated specialists that provide a wide range of vital healthcare services that patients require daily, including the advantages of senior care activity centers and 24/7 on-call physicians. The success of Conviva is measured by its patients’ clinical outcomes and long-term health benefits. To learn more, visit http://www.ConvivaCareCenters.com, or call (833) CONVIVA.
About Partners in Primary Care & Family Physicians Group
Partners in Primary Care (Partners) is a primary care medical group practice operating centers in Kansas, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas under the Partners in Primary Care brand, as well as centers in Florida operated under the Family Physicians Group (FPG) brand. Partners and FPG have a strong emphasis on senior-focused primary care to members of Medicare Advantage health plans. Partners and FPG are committed to providing personalized, high-quality primary care combined with an excellent patient experience. Partners and FPG have experience in both the treatment and management of most chronic and acute-care conditions. The practices also provide health education and value-added, well-being services at their centers and around their neighborhoods to help both patients and community members improve their health. The management services organization for Partners and FPG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM). For more information, visit PartnersinPrimaryCare.com or fpg-florida.com/.
Humana Inc. is committed to helping our millions of medical and specialty members achieve their best health. Our successful history in care delivery and health plan administration is helping us create a new kind of integrated care with the power to improve health and well-being and lower costs. Our efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
To accomplish that, we support physicians and other health care professionals as they work to deliver the right care in the right place for their patients, our members. Our range of clinical capabilities, resources and tools – such as in-home care, behavioral health, pharmacy services, data analytics and wellness solutions – combine to produce a simplified experience that makes health care easier to navigate and more effective.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings
- Most recent investor conference presentations
- Quarterly earnings news releases and conference calls
- Calendar of events
- Corporate Governance information