VANCOUVER, British Columbia--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Incognito Software Systems Inc., a leading global provider of broadband service orchestration software solutions for digital service providers, today introduced Digital Experience Solution 2.0 to enable next-generation device management and services support for the connected home. The solution features Broadband Forum standards-based User Services Platform (USP) support that brings real-time device data telemetry for greater visibility into the digital experience for subscribers, IoT devices, and smart home services. The Incognito solution provides service providers with a unified and future-proof approach to device management, encompassing current and future devices and services.
Today, almost 70 percent of inbound calls to customer care are related to in-home Wi-Fi issues. By 2023, the number of devices connected will be more than three times the global population. The increase in connected devices, spurred on by smart home automation, will increase pressure on service providers to resolve even more in-home technical issues, often resulting from contention with unmanaged devices like Wi-Fi extenders and home security systems.
“With the explosion in connected home devices and end-users looking to use the latest smart home technology, monetizing the connected home is a key imperative for service providers who want to provide value-added services that reduce costs and support new revenue streams,” said Robin Mersh, CEO at the Broadband Forum. “User Services Platform provides a standards-based approach to building an interoperable smart home, offering persistent device connectivity, an open architecture to accelerate new services, coupled with new security options like rule-based controls. Incognito is a valued member of the Broadband Forum and an important player in providing digital experience solutions for broadband providers. We are delighted to see their support for this new protocol that will bring value to Incognito customers globally.”
The Incognito Digital Experience Solution 2.0 represents the next evolution in device management and data collection, proven to boost operational efficiency. The solution features unified support for Incognito’s widely deployed Auto Configuration Server supporting TR-069, SNMP, DOCSIS, and MQTT protocols, coupled with USP controller support as industry availability of TR-369 compliant devices continues to grow. The addition of the Broadband Forum’s USP support brings:
- Real-time device data insights critical for proactive care, remote diagnostics, and managed in-home Wi-Fi services;
- Standards-based Wi-Fi optimization with tools to enable managed in-home Wi-Fi services;
- Visibility of in-home Wi-Fi mesh networking topology to facilitate remote troubleshooting;
- Support for rapid deployment of third-party virtualized services such as advanced security suites and parental controls;
- New specifications to manage in-home IoT devices including discovery, onboarding, and lifecycle management.
“Incognito’s Digital Experience Solution 2.0 provides a win-win approach for Incognito customers,” commented Incognito CEO, David Sharpley. “They benefit from business process and investment re-use with a unified device management platform to support the ability to innovate services across all device types while fast-tracking new capabilities like advanced Wi-Fi optimization, proactive monitoring, and virtualized services that drive new revenue streams.”
- Learn more about Incognito’s Digital Experience Solution 2.0: www.incognito.com/solutions/digital-experience
- Learn more about Incognito’s support for TR-369 User Services Platform: www.incognito.com/products/user-services-platform
- Get perspectives from global service providers on the business value that User Services Platform could deliver: www.incognito.com/usp-insights
About Incognito Software Systems Inc.
Incognito Software Systems Inc. provides service orchestration software and services that help digital service providers manage the next generation broadband experience. Over 300 customers worldwide, including Claro, Cox, Digicel, Globe, and Orange, leverage Incognito solutions to fast-track the introduction of innovative broadband services over fiber, cable, fixed wireless technologies, while delivering a great customer experience. The company is a division of the Volaris Group, an operating group of Toronto-based Constellation Software Inc. Visit www.incognito.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.