DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "The Global Smoking Tobacco Market and the Impact of COVID-19 in the Medium Term" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report presents a strategic analysis of the global smoking tobacco market and a forecast for its development in the medium term, taking into account the impact of COVID-19 on it. It provides a comprehensive overview of the market volume and value, dynamics, segmentation, characteristics, main players, prices, international trade, trends and insights, growth and demand drivers, challenges, etc.
This is the most detailed (COVID-19 updated) and comprehensive report about the global smoking tobacco market, covering all global regions and 151 single countries. The report presents information on each indicator for each of the 151 countries covered, offering unmatched value, accuracy and expert insights.
The global smoking tobacco market was equal to 55.94 billion USD (calculated in retail prices) in 2014. Until 2024, the tobacco market in the world is forecast to reach 66.42 billion USD (in retail prices), thus increasing at a CAGR of 2.60% per annum for the period 2019-2024. This is an increase, compared to the growth of about 0.42% per year, registered in 2014-2018.
The average consumption per capita in value terms reached 9.34 USD per capita (in retail prices) in 2014. In the next five years, it declined at a CAGR of -0.14% per annum. In the medium term (by 2024), the indicator is forecast to increase at a CAGR of 2.54% per annum.
One of the most prominent trends on the global smoking tobacco market is connected with the decrease of smoking rates over the last few years. Although the retail value of smoking tobacco increased in 2017 compared to 2016, retail volumes have been falling on a global scale. The increase in retail sales value of smoking tobacco has been mainly driven by pricing. The market can be divided into two main categories, namely fine-cut tobacco (roll-your-own) and pipe tobacco. Particularly, the segment of roll-your-own has been a stable business for most of the companies, which represents a significant share of retail sales within the smoking tobacco category.
One of the main drivers of smoking tobacco is taxation. In countries, where roll-your-own cigarettes are undertaxed, compared to factory-made cigarettes, the use of smoking tobacco is generally higher. Geographically, Europe is the largest region for smoking tobacco in terms of retail value. However, smoking tobacco volumes are declining in the region, as well as the volumes of cigarettes and cigars and cigarillos.
During the last few years there has been an obvious process of consolidation on the overall tobacco market, prompted by declines in traditional cigarette sales. One of the biggest deals was the takeover of Reynolds by British American Tobacco in 2017. Reynolds, on the other hand, completed the acquisition of its US rival Lorillard a year earlier. The combined business of the US and the UK companies is expected to strengthen their presence on markets such as South America, the Middle East and Africa.
The report on the global smoking tobacco market covers:
- Market volume, value and dynamics for the last five years;
- Market segmentation (by region and each covered country; by product groups, etc.) for the last five years;
- Analysis of the factors, influencing the market development (market trends and insights, drivers and challenges) and the impact COVID-19 has and will have on the market in both the short and the medium term;
- Value chain analysis and structure of price formation;
- Analysis of retail price levels and their dynamics for the last five years (broken down by region and each covered country);
- Analysis of the major international trade flows;
- Volume, value, dynamics, segmentation (by region and each covered country) and analysis of imports for the last five years;
- Volume, value, dynamics, segmentation (by region and each covered country) and analysis of exports for the last five years;
- Volume and dynamics of the average import and export prices for the last five years (broken down by region and each covered country);
- Volume, value, dynamics, segmentation and analysis of per capita consumption for the last five years (broken down by region and each covered country);
- Forecast for market development in the medium term (volume, value and segmentation by region and each covered country);
- Characteristics of the main players on the market;
- Analysis of the competitive landscape;
- Five Forces analysis;
- Analysis and forecast for the global economy and demographics.
- Altria Group, Inc.
- British American Tobacco PLC
- Imperial Brands PLC
- Japan Tobacco Inc.
- Philip Morris International Inc.
- Reynolds American Inc.
- Gallaher Group PLC
- Mac Baren
- China Tobacco Corporation
- Scandinavian Tobacco Group
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/k289u1