DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "United Kingdom: Still Wine Market and the Impact of COVID-19 in the Medium Term" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report presents a strategic analysis of the UK still wine market and a forecast for its development in the medium term, taking into account the impact of COVID-19 on it. It provides a comprehensive overview of the market volume and value, dynamics, segmentation, characteristics, main players, prices, international trade, trends and insights, growth and demand drivers, challenges, etc.
This is one of the most comprehensive reports about the UK still wine market, offering unmatched value, accuracy and expert insights.
The still wine market in United Kingdom was equal to 18.70 billion USD (calculated in retail prices) in 2014. Until 2024, the wine market in United Kingdom is forecast to reach 23.27 billion USD (in retail prices), thus increasing at a CAGR of 2.56% per annum for the period 2019-2024. This is an increase, compared to the growth of about 1.55% per year, registered in 2014-2018.
The average consumption per capita in value terms reached 287.69 USD per capita (in retail prices) in 2014. In the next five years, it grew at a CAGR of 0.95% per annum. In the medium term (by 2024), the indicator is forecast to speed up its growth and increase at a CAGR of 2.02% per annum.
Based on type, the orange wines are gaining popularity on the market during the last few years, as they developed as an individual segment such as ros or red. What is more, the interest in red wines and ros remains prevalent on a global scale, especially when it comes to lighter-style wines with floral scent. As for the white wines, demand witnessed a decline in 2018, owing to the poor harvest in important European regions. While the market for commercial still wines has been experiencing a decline of about 0.2% per year over the last decade, the premium segment has been actually growing. In fact, only 7 of the top 25 still wine markets globally are growing, which is significantly lower, compared to the sparkling wine category.
During the last few years there has been an obvious process of consolidation on the overall wine market. Mergers and acquisitions within the market have been driven mainly by the premiumization trend, as well as by the companies' aim to expand geographically. One of the recent deals on the global market was the purchase of Outpost, a winery on Napa Valley's Howell Mountain by AXA Millsimes in 2018. Furthermore, the corporate restructurings involving wine distributors and retailers are also growing.
The report on the UK still wine market covers:
- Market volume, value and dynamics for the last five years;
- Analysis of the factors, influencing the market development (market trends and insights, drivers and challenges) and the impact COVID-19 has and will have on the market in both the short and the medium term;
- Value chain analysis and structure of price formation;
- Analysis of retail price levels and their dynamics for the last five years;
- Analysis of the major international trade flows;
- Volume, value, dynamics, and analysis of imports for the last five years;
- Volume, value, dynamics, and analysis of exports for the last five years;
- Volume and dynamics of the average import and export prices for the last five years;
- Volume, value, dynamics, and analysis of per capita consumption for the last five years;
- Forecast for market development in the medium term;
- Characteristics of the main players on the market;
- Analysis of the competitive landscape;
- Importance of the HoReCa channel (on-trade vs. off-trade consumption);
- Market shares of the main market players;
- Distribution channels for retail sales;
- Five Forces analysis;
Analysis and forecast for the global economy and demographics.
- Accolade Wines
- Anchor Brewers & Distillers
- Atsby Vermouth
- Bronco Wine Co.
- California Champagnes
- Casella Wines
- Castel Group
- Changyu Group
- Constellation Brands, Inc.
- Curatolo Arini
- Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A.
- E. & J. Gallo Winery
- Emilio Hidalgo S.A.
- Illinois Sparkling Co.
- Imbue Cellars
- Kendall-Jackson Vineyard Estates
- Lombardo Winery
- Mazuran's Vineyards Limited
- Miguel Torres S.A.
- Mot Hennessy USA
- Pernod Ricard
- Sogrape Vinhos
- The Sparkling Wine Co.
- The Wine Group
- Treasury Wine Estates Ltd.
- Trinchero Family Estates Inc.
- Vina Concha Y Toro S.A.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/u3a4ig