DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "The Global Carbonated Soft Drinks Market and the Impact of COVID-19 in the Medium Term" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This is the most detailed (COVID-19 updated) and comprehensive report about the global carbonated soft drinks market, covering all global regions and 151 single countries. The report presents information on each indicator for each of the 151 countries covered, offering unmatched value, accuracy and expert insights.
The global carbonated soft drinks market was equal to 320.24 billion USD (calculated in retail prices) in 2014. Until 2024, the drinks market in the world is forecast to reach 463.39 billion USD (in retail prices), thus increasing at a CAGR of 3.56% per annum for the period 2019-2024. This is a decrease, compared to the growth of about 4.08% per year, registered in 2014-2018.
The average consumption per capita in value terms reached 77.57 USD per capita (in retail prices) in 2014. In the next five years, it grew at a CAGR of 2.37% per annum. In the medium term (by 2024), the indicator is forecast to slow down its growth and increase at a CAGR of 2.27% per annum.
One of the most important trends on the carbonated soft drinks market is linked with the surging demand for healthy and sustainable products. Consumers' preferences have shifted to more natural products with clean label, including fermented drinks, teas, lower sugar beverages and fortified drinks with health benefit claims. As a result, the major players have been significantly challenged. In order to remain competitive, they try to reduce their use of sugar and to include fortified carbonated soft drinks, as well as zero-calorie drinks in their portfolio. In addition, the number of people, who are paying attention to labelling is increasing. Thus, companies also need to focus on transparency and simplicity regarding information in order to gain customers' trust.
While in Asia cola remains one of the most popular flavored carbonated soft drinks, there is a growing interest in the combination of carbonated and dairy drinks. In US, the sales of carbonated soft drinks in 2018 picked up, driven by the diet soda segment. When it comes to corporate restructurings, mergers and acquisition deals have been especially popular in recent years. Some of the largest, including Coca-Cola and PepsiCo have been particularly active. For instance, in 2018, PepsiCo completed the acquisition of SodaStream, a producer of machines that carbonate home tap water. Similarly, Coca-Cola participated in numerous merger deals over the past few years, thus diversifying its portfolio.
This report presents a strategic analysis of the global carbonated soft drinks market and a forecast for its development in the medium term, taking into account the impact of COVID-19 on it. It provides a comprehensive overview of the market volume and value, dynamics, segmentation, characteristics, main players, prices, international trade, trends and insights, growth and demand drivers, challenges, etc.
The report on the global carbonated soft drinks market covers:
- Market volume, value and dynamics for the last five years;
- Market segmentation (by region and each covered country; by product groups, etc.) for the last five years;
- Analysis of the factors, influencing the market development (market trends and insights, drivers and challenges) and the impact COVID-19 has and will have on the market in both the short and the medium term;
- Value chain analysis and structure of price formation;
- Analysis of retail price levels and their dynamics for the last five years (broken down by region and each covered country);
- Analysis of the major international trade flows;
- Volume, value, dynamics, segmentation (by region and each covered country) and analysis of imports for the last five years;
- Volume, value, dynamics, segmentation (by region and each covered country) and analysis of exports for the last five years;
- Volume and dynamics of the average import and export prices for the last five years (broken down by region and each covered country);
- Volume, value, dynamics, segmentation and analysis of per capita consumption for the last five years (broken down by region and each covered country);
- Forecast for market development in the medium term (volume, value and segmentation by region and each covered country);
- Characteristics of the main players on the market;
- Analysis of the competitive landscape;
- Five Forces analysis;
- Analysis and forecast for the global economy and demographics.
- American Baking Company
- Aryzta AG
- Associated British Foods PLC
- Barilla Group
- Breadtalk Group Limited
- Britannia Industries Limited
- Campbells Soup Company
- Finsbury Food Group
- Flowers Foods
- Fuji Baking Group
- Goodman Fielder
- Grupo Bimbo, S.A.B. De CV
- Hostess Brands
- Mckee Foods
- Premier Foods Group Limited
- Tyson Foods Inc.
- Yamazaki Baking Co. Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/fr6ngp