DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "The Global Whiskey Market and the Impact of COVID-19 in the Medium Term" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This is the most detailed (COVID-19 updated) and comprehensive report about the global whiskey market, covering all global regions and 151 single countries. The report presents information on each indicator for each of the 151 countries covered, offering unmatched value, accuracy and expert insights.
The global whisky market was equal to 68.27 billion USD (calculated in retail prices) in 2014. Until 2024, the whisky market in the world is forecast to reach 104.63 billion USD (in retail prices), thus increasing at a CAGR of 3.96% per annum for the period 2019-2024. This is a decrease, compared to the growth of about 4.83% per year, registered in 2014-2018.
The average consumption per capita in value terms reached 14.60 USD per capita (in retail prices) in 2014. In the next five years, it grew at a CAGR of 4.18% per annum. In the medium term (by 2024), the indicator is forecast to slow down its growth and increase at a CAGR of 2.98% per annum.
Among the leading trends in the whiskies category are the premiumization and the huge growth and expansion of the segment. As a result, the category is growing in a stable manner, resilient to negative conditions. Although price remains the key purchase criterion, the global whiskey market has witnessed a very strong trend of premiumization, supported by consumers' immense openness to innovation and the increasing popularity of mixology. The desire for interesting premium products and drinks of a niche variety explains the rising trend among wealthier consumers. Premiumization can also be linked with the fact that consumers aim to cut down on their alcohol intake, which means they can afford to purchase spirits of higher quality.
There has been a robust consolidation on the whiskey market during the last few years, which was partially driven by the large number of new brands emerging on the market. Giant alcohol companies such as Beam Suntory, Brown-Forman, Diageo, and Pernod Ricard have been actively involved in most of the acquisition deals during the last few years, thus making their portfolios' highly diversified with the presence of many specialty brands. Just some of the examples include the acquisition of bourbon manufacturers Smooth Ambler and Rabbit Hole Whiskey by Pernod Ricard in 2017 and 2019, the purchase of a minority stake in Westward Whiskey by Diageo through Distill Ventures in 2018 and Bacardi's investment in The Teeling Whiskey Company in 2017.
This report presents a strategic analysis of the global whiskey market and a forecast for its development in the medium term, taking into account the impact of COVID-19 on it. It provides a comprehensive overview of the market volume and value, dynamics, segmentation, characteristics, main players, prices, international trade, trends and insights, growth and demand drivers, challenges, etc.
The report on the global whiskey market covers:
- Market volume, value and dynamics for the last five years;
- Market segmentation (by region and each covered country; by product groups, etc.) for the last five years;
- Analysis of the factors, influencing the market development (market trends and insights, drivers and challenges) and the impact COVID-19 has and will have on the market in both the short and the medium term;
- Value chain analysis and structure of price formation;
- Analysis of retail price levels and their dynamics for the last five years (broken down by region and each covered country);
- Analysis of the major international trade flows;
- Volume, value, dynamics, segmentation (by region and each covered country) and analysis of imports for the last five years;
- Volume, value, dynamics, segmentation (by region and each covered country) and analysis of exports for the last five years;
- Volume and dynamics of the average import and export prices for the last five years (broken down by region and each covered country);
- Volume, value, dynamics, segmentation and analysis of per capita consumption for the last five years (broken down by region and each covered country);
- Forecast for market development in the medium term (volume, value and segmentation by region and each covered country);
- Characteristics of the main players on the market;
- Analysis of the competitive landscape;
- Five Forces analysis;
- Analysis and forecast for the global economy and demographics.
- Agio Cigars
- Alliance One International
- Altadis S.A.
- Altria Group, Inc.
- Arnold Andre
- British American Tobacco
- China National Tobacco Corporation
- Donskoy Tabak
- Drew Estate LLC
- Gallaher Group PLC
- Habanos S.A.
- Imperial Brands, PLC
- Imperial Tobacco Group
- Japan Tobacco Inc.
- Mac Baren
- Oettinger Davidoff AG
- Philip Morris International Inc.
- Pt Gudang Garam Tbk
- R.J. Reynolds
- Reynolds American Inc.
- Scandinavian Tobacco Group A/S
- Swedish Match Ab
- Swisher International, Inc.
- Taiwan Tobacco & Liquor
- Thailand Tobacco Monopoly
- Trendsettah USA, Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/e5u9ki