DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "The Global Pet Food Market and the Impact of COVID-19 in the Medium Term" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report presents a strategic analysis of the global pet food market and a forecast for its development in the medium term, taking into account the impact of COVID-19 on it. It provides a comprehensive overview of the market volume and value, dynamics, segmentation, characteristics, main players, prices, international trade, trends and insights, growth and demand drivers and challenges. This detailed (COVID-19 updated) report about the global pet food market, covers all global regions and 151 single countries. The report presents information on each indicator for each of the 151 countries covered, offering unmatched value, accuracy and expert insights.
The report also presents a forecast for the market development in the medium term and the impact COVID-19 has and will have on it. In addition, the report presents an elaborate analysis of the main market participants, industry trends and insights, growth and demand drivers and challenges and all other factors, influencing the market development.
The global pet food market was equal to 67.80 billion USD (calculated in retail prices) in 2014. Until 2024, the pet food market in the world is forecast to reach 116.44 billion USD (in retail prices), thus increasing at a CAGR of 4.74% per annum for the period 2019-2024. This is a decrease, compared to the growth of about 6.36% per year, registered in 2014-2018.
The average consumption per capita in value terms reached 16.34 USD per capita (in retail prices) in 2014. In the next five years, it grew at a CAGR of 4.48% per annum. In the medium term (by 2024), the indicator is forecast to slow down its growth and increase at a CAGR of 3.64% per annum.
One of the leading trends on the global pet food market is connected with the growing humanization of pet food. In the last few years, many manufacturers have been putting greater focus on clean label, natural ingredients and premium quality. As the gap between human and pet food is narrowing, pet food producers are increasingly following human tastes and nutritional demands. Ultimately, this drives demand for premium ingredients in pet food and a desire for locally sourced and traceable materials.
Another dominating trend, impacting the pet food market is the increasing demand for healthy pet foods with proactive ingredients. The market is seeing a surge in the number and variety of pet food choices highlighting the inclusion of nutraceutical ingredients such as probiotics, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and more. Meanwhile, the interest in new protein sources is also gaining traction. Although the majority of protein sources today are still meat-based, some of the pet food manufacturers have been looking into new protein sources and ingredients. Pet food manufacturers have been also adding nutrient-dense superfoods, including chia, kelp, broccoli, kale, among others, in their products.
The report on the global pet food market covers:
- Market volume, value and dynamics for the last five years;
- Analysis of the factors, influencing the market development and the impact COVID-19 has and will have on the market in both the short and the medium term;
- Value chain analysis and structure of price formation;
- Analysis of retail price levels and their dynamics for the last five years;
- Analysis of the major international trade flows;
- Volume, value, dynamics, segmentation and analysis of imports and exports for the last five years;
- Volume and dynamics of the average import and export prices for the last five years;
- Volume, value, dynamics, segmentation and analysis of per capita consumption for the last five years;
- Forecast for market development in the medium term (volume, value and segmentation by region and each covered;
- Characteristics of the main players on the market;
- Analysis of the competitive landscape;
- Five Forces analysis;
- Analysis and forecast for the global economy and demographics.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Product Description
5. State of the Global Demographics and Economy
6. Overview, Segmentation and Analysis of the Global pet food Market
7. Characteristics and Analysis of the Global Prices of pet food in 2014-2018
8. Global Foreign Trade Operations of pet food
9. Overview, Segmentation and Analysis of the Global Imports of pet food
10. Overview, Segmentation and Analysis of the Global Exports of pet food
11. Characteristics and Segmentation of the Global Consumption of pet food per Capita
12. Forecast forthe Development of the Global pet food Market in 2019-2024
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/1w2pq7
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.