DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Food Starch Market by Raw Material Type and End User: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2019-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The food starch market was valued at $18.9 billion in 2018, and is projected to reach $29.1 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.8% from 2019 to 2026. The sweetener segment led the market terms of share in 2018, and is expected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period.
The global food starch market has witnessed robust growth in the last few years. This is attributed to development of the food & beverage industry, innovation in the food system, improved logistics, increase in affordability, and rise in consumer spending. Furthermore, the demand for convenience food have increased multifold, owing to consumer preference toward ready-to-eat and cost-effective food. Furthermore, widespread expansion of the food processing industry has boosted the demand for food ingredients, which have positively impacted demand for food starch.
The demand for clean label ingredients has increased in the global food & beverage industry. According to AMR analysis, more than 60% Americans consider natural products as better and more than 51% are actively seeking for natural ingredients in their food products while making food purchase decisions. To cater to the growing demand for clean label ingredients, engaged stakeholders in the industry are now venturing for the production of clean label starch. For instance, Beneo-Remy developed natural, native, and clean-label starch having performance comparable to chemically modified starches. Similarly, Cargill is involved in the production of clean-label starch, and is actively marketing the same through SimPure brand. Thus, increase in trend for clean label food from end users is anticipated to provide remunerative opportunities for the players in the food starch industry.
The global food starch market is segmented into raw material, type, end user, and region. Depending on raw material, the market is categorized into across maize, wheat, and others. By type, it is fragmented into modified starch, native starch, and sweeteners. On the basis of end user, it is bifurcated into business to business and business to consumer. Region wise, the market is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA
The report focuses on the growth prospects, restraints, and opportunities of the global food starch market. The study provides Porter's five forces analysis to understand the impact of various factors such as competitive intensity of competitors, bargaining power of suppliers, threat of substitutes, threat of new entrants, and bargaining power of buyers of the food starch market.
- Tate Lyle
- Roquette Frres
- AGRANA Beteiligungs-AG
- SPAC Starch Products (India) Limited
- Sonish Starch Technology Co. Ltd.
- Nutrend Biotech Co. Ltd.
- Maize segment was the highest contributor to the global food starch market, with $13.2billion in 2018, and is estimated to reach $19.6billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period.
- In 2018, by end user, the business to business segment accounted for about 82% of the global food starch market share in 2018, and is expected to grow at the CAGR of 5.6%. However, this segment is expected to lose market share to business to consumer segment.
- In 2018, depending on type, the sweetener segment led in terms of market share, however, the modified starch segment is expected to garner market share in the estimated forecast.
- Asia-Pacific dominates food starch the market, in terms of share, and is expected to continue this trend during the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to grow with robust CAGR of 7.0% during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1. Market definition and scope
3.2. Porter's five forces analysis
3.1. Supply chain analysis
3.2. Parent market overview
3.3. Food starch Pricing Analysis
3.4. Global Starch Trade Scenario
3.5. Starch Content and Composition in Different Raw Materials
3.6. Market dynamics
4. GLOBAL FOOD STARCH MARKET, BY RAW MATERIAL
4.1.1. Market size and forecast, by raw material
5. GLOBAL FOOD STARCH MARKET, BY TYPE
5.1.1. Market size and forecast, by type
5.2. Modified Starch
5.3. Native Starch
6. GLOBAL FOOD STARCH MARKET, BY END USER
6.1.1. Market size and forecast, by type
6.2. Business to Business
6.3. Business to Consumer
7. GLOBAL FOOD STARCH MARKET, BY REGION
7.2. North America
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1. Competitive Dashboard
8.2. Product Mapping
8.3. Competitive Heatmap
8.4. Top winning strategies
8.5. Key developments
8.5.1. Business expansion
8.5.6. Joint Venture
8.5.7. Product launch
8.6. Top Player Positioning
9. COMPANY PROFILES
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/nu4kc1