WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, the Republican Study Committee (RSC) released “A Conservative Framework for Recovery, Accountability, and Prosperity.” The report builds on the RSC’s expertise to provide Congress “with a solutions-oriented blueprint for leading America though the COVID-19 pandemic and ensuing economic recovery.”
The RSC’s recommendations come from their five Strategic Task Forces:
- The “American Worker Task Force” provides worker-centric solutions and increased opportunities to get Americans back to work.
- The “Budget and Spending Task Force” warns against the mounting national debt and provides crucial steps on how to flatten the debt curve during the coronavirus crisis.
- The “National Security and Foreign Affairs Task Force” recommends specific actions for Congress to hold China accountable for the harmful actions they took during this pandemic.
- The “Health Care Task Force” builds on private-sector successes to bolster our healthcare system, putting patients first and helping hospitals and doctors receive the supplies they need.
- The “Government Efficiency, Accountability & Reform Task Force Pillar” urges both sides of the aisle to respond to this crisis with increased efficiency and accountability.
CAGW President Tom Schatz said, “It is unknown how long the current pandemic will last, or what the long-term consequences will be. The RSC’s blueprint provides swift and substantial action right now for Congress to help all Americans through and beyond this crisis. The task force recommendations will play a vital role in determining how the government’s response can avoid an even more devastating impact on the economy and the country. Both sides of the aisle must come together and move quickly on these commonsense, productive proposals rather than playing dangerous political games that will only hurt the American people. Congress’s response to this emergency must be temporary, targeted, and transparent, while the solutions must not increase the size, scope, and intrusiveness of the federal government.”
Citizens Against Government Waste is the nation's largest nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to eliminating waste, fraud, abuse, and mismanagement in government.