DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Biopharmaceutical Excipients Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Product (Polyols, Solubilizers & Surfactants/Emulsifiers, Carbohydrates), by Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The demand for biopharmaceutical excipients is anticipated to increase given that several biologicals will be expiring over the next few years. Rapidly evolving development and manufacturing of biosimilars are further contributing to the increasing demand for novel biopharmaceutical excipients. Continuous advancements in the pharmaceutical industry, reduced time taken for manufacturing products, and outsourcing also significantly drive product demand.
The concept of multifunctional or smart excipients has piqued the interest of market participants owing to their enhanced compressibility and drug release ability. Moreover, they have the ability to overcome challenges associated with drug formulation such as complex drug manufacturing processes and high costs associated with incorporating these products in drugs. Maintaining drug stability while reducing overall costs associated with drug development is of utmost importance to achieve large-scale commercial biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
Thus, market players are investing in the development of multifunctional excipient products to sustain intensifying competition in the industry. Various commercial multifunctional/smart excipients include Ludipress (BASF SE), F-MELT (Fuji Chemical Industries Co., Ltd.), Galen IQ 721 (BENEO-Palatinit GmbH), and MCC SANAQ (Pharmatrans-Sanaq AG).
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Increasing focus of pharmaceutical players on utilizing recombinant protein and monoclonal antibodies for bio-generic drug development is expected to drive the biopharmaceutical excipients market growth in the coming years
- Solubilizers and surfactants/emulsifiers accounted for a significant share in 2019 as they help maintain adequate efficacy of preservatives or antimicrobials in drug formulations
- Polyols are anticipated to exhibit the fastest growth in terms of revenue from 2020 to 2027, as they are gaining significant traction across the latest drug formulations such as chewable tablets and lozenges
- North America dominated the overall market in terms of revenue whereas Asia Pacific dominated the market in terms of volume in 2019
- Key industry participants include Roquette Frres, Spectrum Chemical Manufacturing Corp., Merck KGaA, Colorcon, and BASF SE
- Companies are inclined toward strategic agreements to maintain their market position. For instance, in February 2019, ABITEC (SPI Pharma) entered into a distribution agreement with Indchem International to distribute ABITEC's functional lipid excipient product line into the personal care, nutrition, and cosmeceutical markets in India
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Executive Summary
1.1 Market Snapshot
Chapter 2 Methodology and Scope
2.1 Market Segmentation & Scope
2.2 Research Methodology
2.3 Information Procurement
2.4 Information or Data Analysis
2.5 Market Formulation & Validation
2.6 Model Details
2.7 List of Secondary Sources
2.8 List of Primary Sources
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation & Scope
3.2 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping for Products, 2018
3.3 Biopharmaceutical Excipients Market-SWOT Analysis, by Factor (Political & Legal, Economic and Technological)
3.4 Industry Analysis - Porter's
Chapter 4 Biopharmaceutical Excipients Market Categorization: Product Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Global Biopharmaceutical Excipients Market: Product Movement Analysis, 2019 & 2027
4.2 Solubilizers & Surfactants/Emulsifiers
4.5 Specialty Excipients
Chapter 5 Biopharmaceutical Excipients Market Categorization: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, by Product
Chapter 6 Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategy Framework
6.2 Market Participation Categorization
6.3 Company Profiles
- Merck KGaA
- Merck Millipore
- Signet Chemical Corporation Pvt. Ltd.
- Sigachi Industries Pvt. Ltd.
- Associated British Foods
- SPI Pharma
- Spectrum Chemical Manufacturing Corp.
- Roquette Frres
- Indchem International
- DFE Pharma
- J. RETTENMAIER & SHNE GmbH + Co KG
- JRS PHARMA
- BASF SE
- Evonik Industries AG
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/3ljhay
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.