DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Psoriatic Arthritis: Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Psoriatic arthritis (PsA) is a chronic form of arthropathy commonly associated with psoriasis. Patients are evaluated on five disease domains: peripheral arthritis, axial disease, enthesitis, dactylitis, and nail and skin involvement. Due to the heterogeneity of clinical symptoms, PsA can be difficult to diagnose and treat.
Current therapies for disease management include conventional synthetic disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (csDMARDs), injectable immuno-suppressants and oral small molecule therapies. Of these, intravenous and subcutaneous therapies targeting tumor necrosis factor (anti-TNFs) have been the gold standard of care for almost 20 years. However, other mechanisms of action have gained traction in recent years. Over the forecast period, market growth is expected to be driven primarily by the approval and launch of five pipeline therapies. However, this growth will likely be curtailed by the erosion of branded agents sales by biosimilars and generics in the second half of the forecast period.
- The greatest drivers of growth in the global PsA market include the launch of five new pipeline therapies during the forecast period and a steadily climbing diagnosed prevalence in many 7MM countries.
- The main barriers to growth in the PsA market include low diagnostic and treatment rates as well as low patient compliance and persistence.
- Among the late-stage pipeline products, two are injectable anti-interleukin therapies and three are oral Janus Kinase (JAK) inhibitors.
- The most important unmet needs in the PsA market are increased access to therapies as well as therapies that can target the multiple disease domains.
Key Questions Answered:
- Which unmet needs are limiting the treatment of PsA in the 7MM?
What strategies can the pharmaceutical industry employ to increase treatment rates for PsA?
- What effect will the launch of biosimilars and generics have on the sales of branded agents? What can drug manufacturers do in order to ensure the success of their biosimilars?
- What are the main R&D trends in the PsA market and which companies are leading the way? Are there major differences in the mechanisms of action used by therapies in late-stage versus early-stage clinical development?
Scope of the report:
- Overview of PsA including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Topline PsA market revenue, annual cost of therapy, and major pipeline product sales in the forecast period.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global PsA therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges.
The report will enable you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies, using a detailed overview of current pipeline products and technologies to identify companies with the most robust pipelines.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global PsA therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global PsA market in the future.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global PsA therapeutics market from 2018-2028.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2 Psoriatic Arthritis: Executive Summary
2.1 PsA Market to Experience Moderate Growth from 2018-2028
2.2 Oral Therapeutics Dominate the Late-Stage PsA Pipeline
2.3 Opportunities Remain for More Cost-Effective and Targeted Treatments
2.4 Convenient and Affordable Pipeline Agents Poised to Perform Well in a Crowded PsA Market
2.5 What Do Physicians Think?
4 Disease Overview
4.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology
5.1 Disease Background
5.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities
5.3 Global and Historical Trends
5.4 Forecast Methodology
5.5 Epidemiological Forecast for Psoriatic Arthritis (2018-2028)
6 Disease Management
6.1 Diagnosis and Treatment Overview
7 Competitive Assessment
8 Unmet Needs and Opportunity Assessment
8.2 Increased Clinician Awareness of PsA
8.3 Earlier and More Accurate PsA Diagnoses
8.4 Improved Drug Safety and Efficacy Across All Disease Domains
8.5 Improved Access to Therapies
9 Pipeline Assessment
9.2 Promising Drugs in Clinical Development
9.3 Other Drugs in Development
10 Current and Future Players
10.2 Trends in Corporate Strategy
11 Market Outlook
- Johnson & Johnson (J&J)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- UCB Pharma
- Eli Lilly
- Sun Pharma
- Kyowa Hakko Kirin
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/1g0o4a
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.