SIMI VALLEY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As a leading natural, proven clean beauty skincare brand, DERMA E has long believed in the incredible power & effectiveness of adaptogens, plants that help the body adapt to stress and control stress levels. Traditionally used for centuries in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicines, these herbs and roots have found their way into modern-day skincare products, as each adaptogen has its own unique properties that can benefit the entire body. DERMA E utilizes the power of adaptogens within a variety of their skincare collections, including their Mood Rituals, Purify + Shield, +CBD, and Vitamin C lines.
"Adaptogens are on-trend ingredients today, but beyond recent trends, they are highly effective herbs and roots used in Eastern medicines that have a powerful impact. For both their mood-enriching benefits and their endless uses in skincare, these ancient ingredients are naturally derived to enhance each formulation within our DERMA E product line,” says Barbara Roll, Chief Marketing Officer.
Mood Enhancing Adaptogens
DERMA E has harnessed the power of Adaptogens to enhance their new line of Mood Rituals misting products, which were designed to feature a pair of adaptogens working in tandem to offer the skin a calming and soothing effect. The line blends purified spring water and skin-nourishing herbs with therapeutic essential oils to enhance the mood as it hydrates and enriches the skin. These mists contain mood-enhancing Adaptogens such as Amla & Gotu Kola, Cordyceps & Cardamom, and Eleuthero & Arctic Root. The ingredients are blended into formulas designed to calm your senses, evoke creativity, or promote focused thoughts and clarity while providing a skin-softening, mood enriching experience.
- Adaptogens Amla and Gotu Kola are used in the CALM Skin Beneficial Mist to help reduce feelings of fatigue as they relax and calm your senses. High in Vitamin C, Amla is also believed to help boost your immunity, metabolism and prevent viral and bacterial ailments. Gotu Kola is also believed to help boost cognitive function, improve circulation and reduce swelling, ease insomnia, and reduce joint pain.
- Adaptogens Cordyceps and Cardamom are used in the CREATE Skin Beneficial Mist to help promote focused thoughts and clarity, allowing you the freedom to create. Cordyceps are also believed to have anti-aging properties, boost exercise performance, and treat heart ailments & Type 2 Diabetes. Cardamom is also believed to help detoxify the body, boost digestive health, and treat gastrointestinal issues.
- Adaptogens Eleuthero and Arctic Root are used in the UPLIFT Skin Beneficial Mist to help to calm feelings of fatigue and anxiety to uplift and energize your spirits. Eleuthero is also believed to boost energy, metabolism, and physical performance. Arctic Root is also believed to improve brain function and reduce symptoms of depression.
Adaptogens Solutions You Can See
DERMA E’s Purify & Shield line defends skin from environmental and blue light aggressors. Adaptogen Ginseng Root Extract, found in the collection, works to re-energize and brighten the skin, while activated Charcoal detoxifies. Green Algae Extract softens and deeply moisturizes the skin, and antioxidant-rich Lutein helps provide a shield from harmful blue light exposure.
- In addition to boosting energy, Ginseng Root Extract is also believed to lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels, reduce stress, and promote relaxation.
The clinically tested and proven DERMA E Vitamin C collection is formulated with stabilized Vitamin C to brighten, tone and even the skin. Dark spots, age spots and discoloration are diminished while inflammation is reduced and collagen is restored. Adaptogens found in this line include Licorice, Turmeric and Aloe.
- Licorice Extract is believed to help to support even skin tone, reducing the appearance of UV-induced hyperpigmentation.
- Golden Turmeric is believed to reduce the appearance of blemishes and enhance the skin’s natural glow.
Skin Soothing Adaptogens
DERMA E’s new line of +CBD Relief products is designed to help soothe skin naturally through the calming properties of CBD oil. From skin allergies to more serious skin conditions, the calming properties found in Phytocannabinoids target skin sensitivities to deliver a soothing, calming effect after each use, leaving skin ultra-moisturized and stress free. Adaptogen Aloe Vera Gel delivers soothing properties to calm skin discomfort, while nourishing Vitamins A, C and E help to improve overall skin health for stress-free skin.
- In addition to its skin soothing abilities, Aloe Vera is also believed to relieve heartburn and lower blood sugar.
DERMA E’s clinically proven Hydrating collection with key ingredient vegan Hyaluronic Acid plumps and replenishes skin with essential vitamins and botanicals, helping to reduce fine lines, dullness, and flakiness while leaving skin smooth. Adaptogen Snow Mushroom Extract, found in the brand’s Ultra Hydrating Cloud Cleanser, works in tandem with Hyaluronic Acid to powerfully moisturize and condition thirsty skin for a softer and healthier-looking complexion.
- Snow Mushroom Extract is believed to deeply hydrate, improve elasticity, and calm redness, all of which also make it an excellent anti-aging ingredient. Snow mushroom can hold up to 500 times its weight in water, but because its particles are so small, it can penetrate the skin more easily for intense hydration.
Adaptogen infused DERMA E products are available for retail at Dermae.com, as well as in-store and online at Ulta Beauty and Target.
About DERMA E
DERMA E is a leading natural, eco-ethical skincare brand with a global presence. Founded in 1984 and headquartered in Simi Valley, California, DERMA E’s mission is to deliver high quality, affordable and natural skincare products to consumers. DERMA E’s products are 100% vegan and cruelty-free and do not contain parabens, sodium lauryl sulfates, petrolatum, mineral oil, artificial colors, gluten, soy or GMOs. For more information on DERMA E, please visit: https://www.dermae.com