DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "2020 U.S. Supermarkets And Grocery Stores Industry-Second (2nd) Quarter-Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update-Industry & Market Report" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The 2020 U.S. Supermarkets And Grocery Stores Industry report contains timely and accurate industry statistics, forecasts and demographics. The report features 2020 current and 2021 forecast estimates on the size of the industry (sales, establishments, employment) nationally and for all 50 U.S. States and over 900 metro areas.
Other data include financial ratios, number of firms, payroll, industry definition, 5-year historical trends on industry sales, establishments and employment, a breakdown of establishments, sales and employment by employee size of establishment (9 categories), and estimates on up to 10 sub-industries, including supermarkets, markets, grocers, convenience stores, delicatessens and chain stores.
Due to the impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19), the annual industry report has been updated, and features quarterly data on industry establishments, industry sales and employment. This report provides a unique and accurate estimate on market sizing using a proprietary economic model that integrates historical trends (horizontal analysis) and longitudinal analysis of incorporated industries (vertical analysis). Horizontal and vertical analysis is essential for an accurate industry forecast because most industries increase at the expense of other industries or decrease by sacrificing market share to more successful industries. For example, brick-and-mortar retail stores lost market share in the retail sector to online retailers in the last decade. Wired telecommunications carriers fell to wireless competitors in the broadcasting sector. Forecasters cannot accurately predict future sales for these industries without addressing change in sales in other competitive industries.
The report includes written analysis to describe the new methodology used to estimate annual and quarterly establishments, sales and employment data.
The written analysis in the reports includes unique predictions of the Coronavirus issues, U.S. economic forecasts, and impact of government stimulus and how they were used to influence the forecasts starting with major U.S. sectors down to individual industries.
Generally, estimates are more optimistic than other economic forecasters that have been featured in the business press. This optimism comes from 1) researching historical data on other viruses and economic crises such as September 11, 2001, and the 2008 housing crisis and 2) the proper direction and implementation of the Federal Reserve and federal government bills.
This report does not list key players/companies in the market but focuses on a top-down and outlook view of the indsutry despite the existing and entering of industry companies.
This Industry & Market report is an essential part of any GAP analysis, benchmarking project, SWOT analysis, business plan, risk analysis, or growth-share matrix.
Key Topics Covered:
- Users' Guide
- Executive Summary
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Forecast and Issues
- 2nd Quarter 2020 U.S. Economic Forecast
- Historical Crises
- U.S. Federal Reserve and Government Programs
- Industry Forecast
- Industry Definition and Related Industries
- Industry Establishments, Sales and Employment Trends
- 2020 Quarterly Industry Data-Establishments, Sales and Employment
- 2021 Quarterly Industry Data-Establishments, Sales and Employment
- Other data include financial ratios, Establishments, Firms, payroll
- Sub-Industries - 2020 Estimated Industry Sales ($Millions)
- Sub-Industries - 2020 Estimated Number of Establishments
- Sub-Industries - 2020 Estimated Number of Employees
- 5-Year Trend - Estimated Industry Sales ($Millions)
- 5-Year Trend - Estimated Number of Establishments
- 5-Year Trend - Estimated Number of Employees
- 2020 U.S. Metropolitan Areas - Estimated Number of Establishments
- 2020 U.S. Metropolitan Areas - Estimated Industry Sales ($Millions)
- 2020 U.S. Metropolitan Areas - Estimated Number of Employees
- 2021 U.S. Metropolitan Areas - Estimated Number of Establishments
- 2021 U.S. Metropolitan Areas - Estimated Industry Sales ($Millions)
- 2021 U.S. Metropolitan Areas - Estimated Number of Employees
- 2020 U.S. States - Estimated Number of Establishments
- 2020 U.S. States - Estimated Industry Sales ($Millions)
- 2020 U.S. States - Estimated Number of Employees
- 2021 U.S. States - Estimated Number of Establishments
- 2021 U.S. States - Estimated Industry Sales ($Millions)
- 2021 U.S. States - Estimated Number of Employees
- Definitions and Terms
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/t42r17
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.