The apparel industry comprises sales of apparel by entities (organizations and sole traders) that manufacture apparel. There are three main categories of apparel that include men's wear, women's wear, and kid's wear. Fashion shows such as Milan, London, Paris, Barcelona, New York, Rome, and Berlin are introducing new fashion trends for women as well as men globally. The global apparel industry market generated significant revenue in 2018 with a remarkable CAGR for the last few years.
The growth has resulted from the increasing demand from emerging markets. In addition, growth in the e-commerce industry and supportive government regulations on the manufacturing of apparel and clothing drove the global apparel industry. However, the recent outbreak of COVID-19 had a dual impact on the global apparel industry. The novel COVID-19 has impacted the apparel industry in most of the regions including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest of the World.
Corona virus has gradually increased across the globe since it originated in the Wuhan City of China. Many European economies including Germany, France, Spain, and Italy which are experiencing a large number of cases with over 100,000 cases by the mid of March 2020. Moreover, many cities all across the globe are partial or total lock down for preventing the spread of the virus. It has created a negative impact on the apparel industry and caused brands and design houses to close down and postpone upcoming runway shows. Department store including Neiman Marcus, Macy's, Nordstrom, Selfridges, and Saks Fifth Avenue have shut their operations. In addition, major events such as the CFDA Awards and the Met Gala have been postponed indefinitely.
- BASF SE
- China Petroleum & Apparel Corp.
- Mitsubishi Apparel Corp.
- Wanhua Apparel Group Co Ltd.
- Chevron Phillips Apparel Co LLC
- Evonik Industries AG
- Jianshi Yuantong Bioengineering Co., Ltd.
- PPG Industries Inc.
The Report Covers
- Comprehensive research methodology of the Global Apparel Industry.
- This report also includes a detailed and extensive market overview with key analyst insights.
- An exhaustive analysis of macro and micro factors influencing the market guided by key recommendations.
- Analysis of regional regulations and other government policies impacting the Global Apparel Industry.
- Insights about market determinants that are stimulating the Global Apparel Industry.
- Detailed and extensive market segments with regional distribution of forecasted revenues.
Extensive profiles and recent developments of market players.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Report Summary
1.1. Research Methods and Tools
2. Market Overview and Insights
2.1. Scope of the Report
2.2. Analyst Insight & Current Market Trends
2.2.1. Key Findings
2.3. Government support/bailout packages for the Apparel industry
2.4. Supply & Demand Analysis
3. Industry Overview
3.1. Historical market growth estimation in Apparel industry excluding COVID-19 pandemic effect
3.2. Deviations in the Apparel industry growth rate due to COVID-19 pandemic
4. Market Segmentation
4.1. By Apparel Type
4.1.1. Men's Wear
4.1.2. Women's Wear
4.1.3. Kid's Wear
4.2. By Distribution Channel
4.2.1. Online Distribution Channel
4.2.2. Offline Distribution Channel
5. Regional Analysis
5.1. North America
5.1.1. United States
5.2.6. Rest of Europe
5.3.4. Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4. Rest of the World
6. Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/sgpfri