DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Cruise industry: Hot Topic Brief - Issue 1" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
COVID-19, commonly referred to as the Coronavirus, is dominating headlines the world over. The travel & tourism sector is suffering significant disruption and the cruise industry is being greatly impacted.
- Many operators have temporarily suspended all voyages, with many others cancelling a number of cruises. This comes in an unprecedented week for the industry, as share prices have plummeted. Carnival's stock has dropped by nearly 60% while Royal Caribbean and Norwegian have lost more than 70% of their value over the past 30 days.
- The influence of the cruise industry is far reaching. Many small island nations rely heavily on the jobs and cash flow that ships provide.
- According to Skift, the cruise industry contributes $2 billion to the Caribbean each year.
- This results in a 5.9% contribution to some nations' entire GDP, as is the case with St Kitts and Nevis.
- A fall in cruise tourism could be disastrous for these kinds of countries and the many people that rely on tourism for their livelihoods.
- The short term goal for cruise businesses at this stage is undoubtedly survival. This will most likely mean obtaining loans or government intervention to keep companies afloat.
- Long term, businesses have to deal with the disastrous reputational damage that has been caused over the past few weeks.
- One thing is for certain, the cruise industry faces a long struggle to ensure its survival.
- This report provides insight into the current state of play, offers a look at potential future scenarios and assesses the actions that cruise lines can take to mitigate the impact of COVID-19.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain an overview of the current global COVID-19 situation
- Understand the impact that COVID-19 is having on the industry
- Explore future industry scenarios
- Assess possible mitigating actions
- Compare key industry players' actions
Key Topics Covered:
- Analyst's Overview
- Current COVID-19 Situation
- Industry Impact
- Future Scenarios
- Actions to mitigate the impact of COVID-19
- Carnival Corporation
- Royal Caribbean
- Norwegian Cruise Line
- Virgin Voyages
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/w5b8kh.
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.