VAN NUYS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hello LoanMart Family,
As the coronavirus/COVID-19 continues to be a prevalent issue in our Florida communities and beyond, our thoughts go out to all those affected by this terrible illness. The COVID-19 virus has caused global economic hardship and incredible devastation in such a short period of time. As the world is facing an unprecedented impact as a result of the pandemic, we see now - more than ever - that we must serve as a positive influence within our own and the greater community in whatever ways we can.
Many residents of Florida are particularly concerned since the Southeastern state initially was hit so hard with Coronavirus infections. While Florida is one of the many states that may have specific shelter-in-place order, many people in this coastal state are still worried about the rapid spread of the virus.
As the situation and crisis evolves, LoanMart will continue to align itself to meet the emerging needs of our communities and the public health. We recognize that thousands are in need of LoanMart’s services, especially during these trying times. Here at LoanMart, our responsibility is to take care of our communities by keeping our doors shut and our business online.
The safety of our employees and customers comes first before anything. Our LoanMart promise is to keep the best interests of customers and employees in mind as these next crucial months unfold. LoanMart is dedicated to implementing the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) policies in order to fully protect the community, as well as the well-being of the LoanMart family. This is just one of the number of measures that LoanMart is taking during this troubled time while we continue to serve our customers, partners, and employees.
Alongside other businesses in Florida and throughout the globe, we can be a part of the solution during this critical time. Even the smallest of actions, such as staying home and practicing social distancing can be effective to help reduce the spread of the virus. LoanMart is taking measures to reduce risk and encourage responsible actions in the face of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
Tips for Florida Residents on Keeping Safe During this COVID-19 Quarantine
This virus continues to be an issue for residents all over the world. The only way to beat it is together- everyone can do their part in keeping their communities safe, starting with educating themselves on the best possible preventative practices. LoanMart pledges to keep our employees informed, maintain strict travel policies and cancel or postpone any gatherings. To actively keep the community safe as well, LoanMart has taken independent measures to prevent the spread of the virus and would like to share these tips with the public.
In order to reduce risks to vulnerable peoples within our society, everyone must take precautions as this virus continues to develop. LoanMart is closely following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) recommendations on how we might be able to mitigate the transmission of the virus. As of now, the CDC is recommending social distancing as the primary defense against the spread of COVID-19. Remaining at home as much as possible, and at least six feet apart when in public is crucial to reducing the spread of the virus, as well as keeping public safety.
In connection with Florida’s shelter-in-place order, residents are encouraged to stay home and avoid going out unless absolutely necessary. If you must go out, it is recommended you keep a social distance of at least six feet from other people, and wear a mask to prevent further spread of the virus.
The CDC is also recommending the limitation of social gatherings in any shape or form, as large groups coming together may accelerate the spread. The virus is noted to primarily spread through coughing and other close contact, so adhering to these recommendations is key to doing your part in keeping the Florida community safe.
In addition to these helpful hints provided, LoanMart would also like to share that the CDC has recommended the prevention measures mentioned below. You can also learn more about how Floridians can protect themselves from the Coronavirus on the Florida Health COVID-19 website.
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Do so by covering all sides of the hands in suds to ensure cleanliness. This should always be done after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food for yourself or others.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, and wash your hands immediately afterwards. Cleanliness can also be a crucial tool in fighting this virus.
- Be sure to stay home when you are sick. Do not risk the health of your community, and the spread of the virus.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands- this includes your eyes, nose, and mouth.
Self-Quarantine Efficiently in Florida
If you are currently in self- isolation or mandated quarantine, the CDC also recommends these helpful measures:
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are sick or feeling ill. Some signs of potential illness are fever, difficulty tasting food, shortness of breath, and persistent cough.
- Keep yourself safe by staying home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Keep others safe by covering your coughs and sneezes with a tissue. The virus can easily spread through coughing, so being vigilant about your coughs and sneezes is a must for safety.
- If you are quarantined or isolated with others, be sure to frequently clean any commonly touched surfaces and objects daily (e.g., tables, countertops, light switches, doorknobs and cabinet handles). This can be done using regular detergent and water combinations. To more effectively disinfect surfaces, the CDC recommends diluted household bleach solutions, as well as alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol. Additionally, most EPA-registered household disinfectants can also be effective.
No one can be absolutely sure how this crisis will develop in Florida and beyond, but what we can be sure of is how we are responding to it. These next few months can be especially crucial in terms of prevention and risk. By reacting responsibly and compassionately, here at LoanMart we can help to ensure that the impact of the virus is more limited and less likely to be so seriously harmful to those who are most vulnerable. By acting responsibly and mindfully, we can make the best of this situation for everyone.
The pandemic has caused untold amounts of fear and stress to those in every age group and background, particularly those in the vulnerable population. Older people and those with compromised immune systems are especially vulnerable to the virus. We all have loved ones that could be vulnerable to this virus, and this can cause a large amount of stress.
LoanMart cares about supporting the mental health of its customers and employees, especially during this vulnerable time to help make the community stronger.
For those that feel this stress and anxiety, LoanMart would like to share the CDC recommendations on how to cope:
- Give yourself an immersive break from watching, reading, or listening to news stories about the virus. This also includes social media, as it can increase anxiety. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting and hard on your mental health.
- Remember to take care of your body as well as your mind. Practice meditation, which includes taking deep breaths and stretching to reduce anxiety. Be sure to eat healthy meals, get plenty of sleep, and exercise consistently to keep your stress levels down.
- Make time to unwind. Try to do some other activities you enjoy and explore new hobbies to keep your mind active.
- Connect with friends and family. Keep open communication with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling to help alleviate stress.
Although most public gathering places such as restaurants and entertainment centers in Florida are closed, short daily walks on the beach, or sitting out in the sun a safe distance away from other people is encouraged to keep spirits up. Supporting yourself supports the community, and together it becomes stronger, in Florida and beyond.
An employee here at LoanMart suggests these helpful tips to keep yourself and your loved ones healthy during these tough times: “Leave your shoes outside and change your clothes after a trip out of your home.“– Rick Chang - https://www.800loanmart.com/fl
At LoanMart, we recognize how tough these times have been for the entire world financially. As a business that exists almost solely to help those in dire financial situations find a solution, we recognize how crucial our business is to thousands of people during this trying time. Although the virus has hit Florida particularly hard, more than 6 million residents in the United States find themselves unemployed due to the widespread pandemic. With the rising unemployment and financial crisis occurring, now is the time more than ever to help those in need get the financial freedom they deserve.
For the safety of our employees and our valued customers in Florida and across the U.S., LoanMart has decided to conduct business online to prevent any further spread of the disease. This is a responsibility that LoanMart has taken on to adhere to the guidelines set by the CDC, as well as protect the more vulnerable populations within Florida.
LoanMart continues to value the health of the surrounding communities, as well as its customers nationwide. As valued members of the LoanMart family, you can still depend on us to assist you with whatever is in our power during these trying times.
LoanMart is a marketer and servicer for ChoiceCash Title Loans made by Capital Community Bank, a Utah chartered bank located in Provo, UT, Member FDIC.