CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Equity LifeStyle Properties, Inc. (NYSE: ELS) (referred to herein as “we,” “us,” and “our”) today announced that, due to the public health impact of the coronavirus pandemic and the related limitations in the State of Illinois on non-essential gatherings and to support the health and well-being of our stockholders, employees and other meeting participants, the Annual Meeting of Stockholders (the “Annual Meeting”) being held on April 28, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. Central Time will be a virtual-only format. The virtual meeting will utilize online tools that ensure stockholders have the same rights and opportunities to participate as they would at an in-person meeting.
Voting Your Shares
The proposals to be voted on at the Annual Meeting remain the same as those set forth in the Notice of Annual Meeting of Stockholders and Proxy Statement for the Annual Meeting previously mailed or made available to stockholders. Whether or not you plan to attend the virtual Annual Meeting, we urge you to submit your proxy and voting instructions in advance of the Annual Meeting by one of the methods described in the proxy materials for the Annual Meeting.
All stockholders may continue to use the materials previously distributed to you to authorize a proxy to vote your shares in connection with the Annual Meeting. If you have already submitted your proxy, there is no need to take any further action.
As described in the proxy materials for the Annual Meeting, a stockholder is entitled to vote at the Annual Meeting if the stockholder was a common stockholder of record as of the close of business on February 20, 2020, the record date, or holds a legal proxy for the meeting provided by the stockholder’s bank, broker, or other nominee.
Attending the Virtual Annual Meeting
Broadridge Financial Institutions will host the virtual Annual Meeting. In order to attend the virtual Annual Meeting, vote during the Annual Meeting and submit questions, please log into the meeting platform at: www.virtualshareholdermeeting.com/ELS2020 as further described below. The virtual Annual Meeting will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. Central Time, and online access will begin at 8:45 a.m. Central Time. We encourage you to access the virtual Annual Meeting prior to the start time. Broadridge will have technicians ready to assist you with any technical difficulties you may have accessing the virtual Annual Meeting. If you encounter any difficulties accessing the virtual Annual Meeting during the check-in or meeting time, please call 1-800-586-1548 (US) or 1-303-562-9288 (International).
Stockholders who hold their shares in “street name” through a broker or other financial institution, may use the 16-digit control number and the instructions previously distributed to them to join the virtual Annual Meeting.
Stockholders whose shares are registered directly with American Stock Transfer (“AST”) who elect to attend the virtual Annual Meeting must contact AST at 1-800-830-9942 (select prompt (1), followed by prompt (0) to speak directly with an agent) to obtain a 16-digit control number that will be required to participate in the virtual Annual Meeting.
Additional information regarding the Annual Meeting, stockholder participation and voting is provided in the proxy materials filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
About Equity LifeStyle Properties
We are a self-administered, self-managed real estate investment trust (“REIT”) with headquarters in Chicago. As of April 15, 2020, we own or have an interest in 413 quality properties in 33 states and British Columbia consisting of 156,655 sites.
For additional information, please contact our Investor Relations Department at (800) 247-5279 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to historical information, this press release includes certain “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. When used, words such as "anticipate," "expect," "believe," "project," "intend," "may be" and "will be" and similar words or phrases, or the negative thereof, unless the context requires otherwise, are intended to identify forward-looking statements and may include without limitation, information regarding our expectations, goals or intentions regarding the future, and the expected effect of our acquisitions. These forward-looking statements are subject to numerous assumptions, risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to:
- our ability to control costs and real estate market conditions, our ability to retain customers, the actual use of sites by customers and our success in acquiring new customers at our properties (including those that we may acquire);
- our ability to maintain historical or increase future rental rates and occupancy with respect to properties currently owned or that we may acquire;
- our ability to attract and retain customers entering, renewing and upgrading membership subscriptions;
- our assumptions about rental and home sales markets;
- our ability to manage counterparty risk;
- our ability to renew our insurance policies at existing rates and on consistent terms;
- in the age-qualified properties, home sales results could be impacted by the ability of potential home buyers to sell their existing residences as well as by financial, credit and capital markets volatility;
- results from home sales and occupancy will continue to be impacted by local economic conditions, lack of affordable manufactured home financing and competition from alternative housing options including site-built single-family housing;
- impact of government intervention to stabilize site-built single-family housing and not manufactured housing;
- effective integration of recent acquisitions and our estimates regarding the future performance of recent acquisitions;
- the completion of future transactions in their entirety, if any, and timing and effective integration with respect thereto;
- unanticipated costs or unforeseen liabilities associated with recent acquisitions;
- ability to obtain financing or refinance existing debt on favorable terms or at all;
- the effect of interest rates;
- the effect from any breach of our, or any of our vendors', data management systems;
- the dilutive effects of issuing additional securities;
- the outcome of pending or future lawsuits or actions brought against us, including those disclosed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission; and
- other risks indicated from time to time in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
In addition, these forward-looking statements are subject to risks related to the COVID-19 pandemic, many of which are unknown, including the duration of the pandemic, the extent of the adverse health impact on the general population and on our residents, customers, and employees in particular, its impact on the employment rate and the economy, the extent and impact of governmental responses, and the impact of operational changes we may implement in response to the pandemic.
For further information on these and other factors that could impact us and the statements contained herein, refer to our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the “Risk Factors” section in our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q.
These forward-looking statements are based on management's present expectations and beliefs about future events. As with any projection or forecast, these statements are inherently susceptible to uncertainty and changes in circumstances. We are under no obligation to, and expressly disclaim any obligation to, update or alter our forward-looking statements whether as a result of such changes, new information, subsequent events or otherwise.