The male grooming market in India was valued at INR 140.50 Bn in 2018, and is expected to reach INR 319.82 Bn by 2024, expanding at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of ~15.14%, during the forecast period (2018-2024). Beard growth oils, cologne soaps, face washes, beard combs, deodorants, talcs and perfumes are some of the major male grooming products available in the market.
The increasing influence of social media and rise in disposable income among the urban working men of the country are the key factors that are fueling the growth of the market in the country. Around 177 new male grooming products have been launched by FMCG giants, as well as start-up companies to capture the untapped male grooming market in India between the marketing year March 2018 and March 2019.
Retail stores, supermarkets, hypermarkets and e-commerce websites are the major distribution channels for male grooming products. During the 2019-2024 period, online distribution channels/e-commerce websites are expected to witness steady growth, owing to the rising popularity of the e-commerce market in India. Start-ups which are entering the male grooming products market, like Beardo and Bombay Shaving Company, sell their products through e-commerce platforms to reach out to a larger consumer base.
Key growth drivers of the market:
- The traditional idea of masculinity conforming to physical appearances has undergone considerable changes and men have become conscious about how they look. As a result, demand for products like moisturizers, whitening creams, anti-aging creams, sunscreens, body lotions and other products for men has picked up.
- Increased penetration of social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and WhatsApp have exposed men, both in urban and rural areas, to global fashion trends, thereby increasing the demand for male grooming products like beard oil, hair gel, and hair masque.
Key deterrents to the growth of the market:
- In India, the male grooming products market is dominated by a few major players like Emami, Gillette, and L'Oral, offering products at higher prices. Such high price ranges affect the adoption of male grooming products on a large scale, especially by the middle class and lower middle-class population of the country. This is likely to impede the growth of the male grooming products market in India.
- Consumers in semi-rural and rural areas are hardly aware of niche and premium male grooming products such as beard oil, beard wax, moisturizers, whitening creams, face wash, body wash, face scrubs, exfoliators, sunscreen lotion, and serum, among others. The market in rural and semi-rural areas remains unpenetrated, since men using grooming products are still considered a taboo, which presents a major challenge for market growth.
- Emami Limited
- Gillette India Limited
- Godrej Consumer Products Limited
- Hindustan Unilever Limited
- Marico Limited
- Himalaya Drug Company Private Limited
- L'Oreal India Private Limited
- Mcnroe Consumer Products Private Limited
- Nivea India Private Limited
- Vi-John India Group
- Happily Unmarried Private Limited
- Helios Lifestyle Private Limited
Zed Lifestyle Private Limited
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive summary
2. Socio-economic indicators
3.1. Market definition and structure
4. Market overview
4.1. India male grooming products market overview
4.1.1. Market size and growth forecast (2018-2024e)
4.1.2. Porter's five forces analysis
5. Market segmentation
5.1. India male grooming products market segmentation based on product types (2018 & 2024e)
5.1.1. Face care products market size and growth forecast (2018-2024e)
5.1.2. Body care products market size and growth forecast (2018-2024e)
5.1.3. Hair care products market size and growth forecast (2018-2024e)
6. Market influencers
6.1. Key growth drivers of the market
6.2. Key deterrents to the growth of the market
7. Market trends
7.1. Current trends in the market
8. Competitive landscape
8.1. Emami Limited
8.2. Gillette India Limited
8.3. Godrej Consumer Products Limited
8.4. Hindustan Unilever Limited
8.5. Marico Limited
8.6. Himalaya Drug Company Private Limited
8.7. L'Oreal India Private Limited
8.8. Mcnroe Consumer Products Private Limited
8.9. Nivea India Private Limited
8.10. Vi-John India Group
8.11. Happily Unmarried Private Limited
8.12. Helios Lifestyle Private Limited
8.13. Zed Lifestyle Private Limited
9. Recent developments
9.1. Key recent developments
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/67ja8