DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Wallpaper Market - Growth, Trends and Forecast (2020-2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global wallpaper market is expected to register a CAGR of 3.59% CAGR during the forecasted period of 2019-2025.
Increasing construction activity and the launch of novel geometrical patterns, bold colors, and intriguing textures, in response to the transforming home decor and interior designs, are driving the global wallpaper market. For instance, Elementto Lifestyle Wallcoverings Pvt. Ltd has announced that it is offering a new product line of 20 new wallpapers having geometric patterns.
Moreover, with the increasing trend of sustainable development, companies are also increasingly focusing on developing environment-friendly products, in line with the consumer demand for an optimized carbon footprint. However, the difficulty in installing or replacing wallpaper, coupled with changing consumer preferences, are few factors that are lowering the demand for wallpapers.
Key Market Trends
Non-Woven Wallpaper Expected to Offer Growth
- The rising trend of do-it-yourself is one of the major trends that has triggered an interest in non-woven wallpapers among consumers. These wallpapers are easy to install and offer tear-roof and water-proof operations, while being breathable, preventing molding on walls.
- Also, these are suitable bathrooms and kitchen as they eliminate the problem of mildew and mold since the vapors aren't locked between the wall and the paper.
- Also, these wallpapers are tear-resistant, which makes it much easier to remove and install. Easy repair of the wallpapers is also appealing to a larger set of consumers looking for long-term solutions, thus, driving the demand in the commercial sector.
- Trade fairs such as Heimtextil, the furnishings industry's first trade show held in January 2020, also highlighted the importance of non-woven wallpapers and companies such as Tapetenfabrik Gebr. Rasch GmbH & Co. KG showcased its collection named Bricklane, a non-woven collection of 38 wallpapers and 11 digital panels.
- Also, the demand from North American wallpaper market is also increasing because of the growing renovation operations in the North American region is a major contributor to the market's growth.
- Therefore, the above factors are expected to have a positive outlook on the market over the forecast period.
Europe to Hold the Largest Market Share
- One of the major that is driving the European wallpaper market is the growing renovation operations in the region. As the wallpaper can hide the flaws in the wall that are impossible through paint is also a significant factor contributing to the adoption of the wallpapers in the commercial and non-commercial buildings.
- Moreover, according to the Office for National Statistics, the revenue of the manufacture of wallpaper in the United Kingdom was USD 139.18 million, while in 2018, it increased to USD 147.34.
- Also, emerging technologies like digital printing and faux finishes are factors that are expected to improve the demand for wallpapers in the region.
- Further, the rising trend of consumer behavior to use reusable products, are favoring the market for non-woven wallpapers in the region.
- The wallpaper market in Europe is diversified and highly competitive, owing to the presence of a large number of international and regional vendors across the world.
The wallpaper market is highly competitive in nature owing to the presence of many global and local vendors. Some of the global players are York Wall Coverings Inc., Brewster Wallpaper Corporation, and Laura Ashley Holdings PLC. The market is quite mature in nature and thus, where there is a lack of constant innovations in the market. Although to sustain in the competition, companies focus on partnership and product launches in different geographic regions.
A few recent developments are:
- August 2019 - Alpha Workshops Inc partnered with Benjamin Moore & Co. for 18 years for handmade wallpaper collections. The wallpaper line, available at Benjamin Moore retailers and on the Alpha Workshops website, includes five wallpaper patterns in three colorways, produced by hand in the Alpha Workshops studio.
- July 2019 - Monsoon Accessorize launched the first-ever range of wallpaper, featuring 13 different bold designs. There are four floral and tropical collections in the range: vibrant florals, wild prints, metallics, and exquisite wall flowers.
Key Topics Covered
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Growing Demand for Home Remodeling Decor
4.3.2 Technological Advancement In Printing Solutions
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 High Cost and Complexity Involved in Installation or Replacement
4.5 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Vinyl-based Wallpapers
5.1.2 Non-woven Wallpapers
5.1.3 Paper-based Wallpapers
5.1.4 Fabric Wallpapers
5.2 By Application
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 York Wall Coverings Inc.
6.1.2 Brewster Wallpaper Corporation
6.1.3 F. Schumacher & Co
6.1.4 AS Creation Tapeten AG
6.1.5 Sangetsu Corporation
6.1.6 Erismann & Cie. GmbH
6.1.7 Laura Ashley Holdings PLC
6.1.8 Grandeco Wallfashion Group
6.1.9 Walker Greenbank PLC
6.1.10 Tapetenfabrik Gebr. Rasch GmbH & Co. KG
6.1.11 LEN-TEX Corporation
6.1.12 Asian Paints Ltd.
6.1.13 Gratex Industries Ltd.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/6s11nq