NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--monday.com, a leading work OS, today released The State of Remote Work, which explores sentiment among Americans around the transition to working from home amid the COVID-19 pandemic. As 500% more Americans are projected to work remotely over the next two years, people seem to be adjusting well amidst difficult circumstances: the report found that 69% of people enjoy working from home more than they expected to, and 54% say they’re more productive at home.
Many people are finding that they enjoy working from home, which may indicate that remote work, in some capacity, is here to stay, but are working different hours than they did in the office. Sixty-one percent are working more at night or in the early morning, 49% spend more time at their computer, and 50% miss the work-life separation that office-based work allows.
“We’re continually impressed by the resilience and creativity we’re seeing from thousands of teams around the globe during this challenging time,” said Leah Walters, General Manager, North America at monday.com. “As tools and software are helping teams communicate even more effectively, so many people are finding a silver lining in the remote work experience and we’re excited to see how some of these new practices will continue beyond the COVID-19 pandemic.”
The report provides a comprehensive look at productivity, communication and working hours for American workers since the COVID-19 pandemic began. The data was collected online with Ask Your Target Market (AYTM) across 1,000 full-time employed men and women in April 2020.
The State of Remote Work Survey Findings:
Working from Home is Popular. Maybe It’s Here to Stay?
- 69% enjoy working from home more than they expected to
- 54% say they’re more productive at home than in the office
- 17% work with a pet or child in their lap
Communication is on an uptick:
- 21% said their team communicates more
- 19% said “I’m more communicative” regarding team transparency
We’re Home, And Working More Than Ever
- 50% miss work-life separation, and 27% miss having specific working hours
- 29% are working more at night
- 31% are working more in the early morning
- 49% spend more time at their computer
People Still Miss the Office
- 44% miss their coworkers
- 21% miss lunch breaks outside
- 52% wake up later because they don’t have to commute
- 37% wear pajamas during the day
Word Affiliation: Reflective and Exhausting
- 41% of people describe their WFH experience as productive
- 30% describe it as reflective
- 25% admit that it’s exhausting
Our Personal Lives Are Changing Too
- 42% call friends/family more
- 28% eat meals that are healthier
- 17% shower less
For more information about monday.com and The State of Remote Work report, visit http://www.monday.com.
monday.com is a customizable work OS where teams create and shape workflow apps in minutes to plan, run, and track their processes, projects, and operations. As a web-based SaaS platform, monday.com facilitates a more efficient and intuitive way to manage teams and organizations of all sizes. The platform connects people to processes and systems, empowering teams to excel in every aspect of their work, while creating an environment of transparency in business.
monday.com has offices in Tel Aviv and New York, and has raised $234.1 million to date from investors including Sapphire Ventures, Hamilton Lane, HarbourVest Partners, Ion Asset Management, Vintage Investment Partners, Stripes Group, Insight Partners, and Entrée Capital. The platform is fully customizable to suit any business vertical, and is currently used by over 100,000 paying organizations around the world, from over 180 countries.