DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus 19) Therapeutic Pipeline, Vaccines, and Diagnostics Competitive Landscape, 2020" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
First identified in the Hubei province of Wuhan, China, this is the third time the coronavirus has created havoc in the whole world. This report covers a detailed analysis of 50+ companies working for the development of drugs and vaccines as well as diagnostics companies are working on developing test kits.
This comprehensive report offers a solid foundation to start - or progress - further research and analysis into the COVID-19, including causes and symptoms, morbidity and mortality to transmission, treatment, and prevention.
COVID-19 is a respiratory viral infection, in which common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, and cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, the infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death.
The recent report outlays comprehensive insights of present clinical development scenario and growth prospects across the COVID- 19 pipelines. A detailed picture of the COVID-19pipeline landscape is provided, which includes the disease overview and COVID-19 treatment guidelines specific to the country. The assessment part of the report elucidates the in-depth COVID-19 clinical assessment of the COVID-19pipeline products from the pre-clinical developmental phase to the advanced phase.
In this COVID-19 report, a detailed description of the drug is proffered including mechanism of action of the drug, clinical studies, NDA approvals (if any), and product development activities comprising the technology, along with COVID-19 collaborations, licensing, mergers and acquisition, funding, designations, and other product-related details.
COVID-19 Screening and Diagnosis
On the precautionary side of the efforts, temperature screening of travelers on various airports is conducted to prevent further spread of the virus. In many countries, incoming passengers are even being screened for fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Any traveler with signs or symptoms of illness is receiving a more comprehensive public health assessment.
WHO has urged the nations to speed up their diagnosing and testing of the virus to contain the spread of coronavirus as more governments impose lockdown or stop travel. In an effort to provide efficient diagnosis, the FDA granted an Emergency Use Authorization to its first commercially developed coronavirus test developed by Roche (Cobas SARS-CoV-2 Test). Roche has begun the shipments of first 400,000 COVID-19 tests to laboratories across the USA to begin patient testing under FDA Emergency Use Authorization.
FDA has also approved the use of Thermo Fisher's TaqPath COVID-19 Combo Kit. BioMedomics is working to deploy its COVID-19IgM-IgG Rapid Test, an immunoassay that can yield results from a blood sample in 15 minutes at the point of care. The report covers a detailed analysis of all the diagnostic kits in the development phase. The Chinese government has given its green signal to a 29-minute rapid testing kit for COVID-19which has been developed by Xiamen University and approved by the National Medical Products Administration.
A detailed assessment of the diagnostic tests being developed for the diagnosis of COVID-19 infection, providing information on test developer(s), development geography, technology being used in the test, time to result, and, test sample type.
COVID-19 Treatment Outlook
The COVID-19 treatment outlook of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of current and emerging trend therapeutic approaches, the impact of upcoming therapies on disease landscape, drivers and barriers, and technological advancement.
Companies such as Gilead Sciences, Roche, Sanofi, Regeneron Moderna, Novavax, Medicago Inc., Altimmune, APEIRON Biologics, Inovio Pharmaceuticals and GlaxoSmithKline are few of the players working towards developing therapies for COVID-19.
Recently, China has recommended the use of Japanese drug Favilavir - being developed by Toyama Chemical (a Fujifilm Subsidiary) in treating COVID-19 patients after it has shown its potential and efficacy in curing COVID-19 with minimum associated side-effects.
Moreover, earlier the Chinese government also approved the use of Roche's Actemra (tocilizumab), that has been in the market since 2010 for treating serious lung disorders, has shown efficacy in curing serious complications associated with COVID-19.
Gilead's remdesivir, an intravenous treatment, is under phase III of development. The new clinical studies include two clinical trials in China's Hubei province led by the China-Japan Friendship Hospital as well as the recently initiated clinical trial in the United States led by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID).
On the other hand, Sanofi and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals have initiated a clinical program of rheumatoid arthritis drug Kevzara (sarilumab) to treat hospitalized patients with severe COVID-19 coronavirus infection. In the United States, Moderna, along with NIH started a human trial of its potential vaccine for the new coronavirus.
Johnson & Johnson is working with the federal Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority on developing potential treatments for patients who are already infected with COVID-19, where it will check if any older medicines might work against the coronavirus. Few other companies are learning from earlier vaccines from prior coronavirus outbreaks and making them more effective.
The COVID-19 treatment outlook segment gives a thorough detail of emerging therapies by evaluating their impact based on mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the existing treatment scenario and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
Scope of the Report
- The report builds an understanding of the technologies and techniques being used to develop COVID-19 treatment drugs and vaccines.
- Comprehensive insights into the pipeline products. The report provides detailed profiles of the
- pipeline assets and comparative analysis of clinical and non-clinical stage products.
- Assessment of active pipeline assets segmented by stage, product type, route of administration and molecule type
- The report builds understanding of the insights about the pipeline drugs including the product-related agreements, collaborations, licensing, deals and technology
- The COVID-19 report provides an overview of therapeutic pipeline activity and therapeutic assessment of the products by development stage, product type, route of administration, molecule type, and MOA type for COVID-19 across the complete product development cycle, including all clinical and nonclinical stages.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence COVID-19 R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
- A detailed assessment of the diagnostic tests being developed for the diagnosis of COVID-19 infection, providing information on test developer(s), development geography, technology being used in the test, time to result, and, test sample type.
- The report covers key strategies by major players in drug development with their clinical trial information, key and ongoing trends, potential market driver & barriers, and opportunities to curate the best of the assess underlying potential of the market.
COVID-19 Analytical Perspective
In-depth COVID-19 Commercial Assessment of Products
The report provides a comprehensive commercial assessment of therapeutic drugs that have been included, which comprises of collaborations. The report also covers company-company collaborations (licensing/partnering), company-academia collaborations, fundings, etc. in a detailed manner.
COVID-19 Clinical Assessment of products
The report comprises of comparative clinical assessment of products by development stage, product type, route of administration, molecule type, and MOA type across this indication.
- What are the current options for COVID-19treatment?
- How many companies are developing therapies, vaccines and diagnostic kits for the treatment of COVID- 19?
- How many therapies are developed by each company for the treatment of COVID-19?
- Out of total pipeline products, how many therapies are given as a monotherapy and in combination with other therapies?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry-Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, and major licensing activities that will impact the COVID-19 market?
- What is the unmet need for current therapies for the treatment of COVID-19?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing COVID-19 therapies?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for COVID-19?
- How many patents are granted and pending for the emerging therapies for the treatment of COVID-19?
Key Topics Covered
1. Key Insights
2. Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Overview at a Glance
3. Disease Background and Overview: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
3.2. Classification of Coronavirus
3.3. Risk Factors
4.1.1. Roche (Cobas SARS-CoV-2 Test)
4.1.2. Thermo Fisher (TaqPath COVID-19 Combo Kit)
*Other companies & Detailed information in the report
5. Current Treatment Practices
5.1. WHO guidelines for clinical management of severe acute respiratory infection (SARI) when COVID-19 disease is suspected
5.2. Country specific treatment guidelines
6. COVID-19 - Analytical Perspective
6.1. In-depth Commercial Assessment
6.1.1. COVID-19 companies' collaborations, Licensing, Acquisition - Deal Value Trends
6.1.2. Assessment Summary
6.2. COVID-19 Collaboration Deals
6.2.1. Company-Company Collaborations (Licensing / Partnering) Analysis
6.2.2. Company-University Collaborations (Licensing / Partnering) Analysis
6.3. COVID-19 Acquisition Analysis
7. Current Trends
8. Emerging Therapies
8.1. Key Cross Competition
8.2. Emerging Therapy by Type
8.3.1. Remdesivir: Gilead Sciences
22.214.171.124. Drug Description
126.96.36.199. Product Profile
188.8.131.52. Clinical Development
184.108.40.206. Clinical Trials Information
220.127.116.11. Safety and Efficacy
8.3.2. Actemra: Roche
*Other companies & Detailed information in the report
9. Therapeutic Assessment
9.1. Clinical Assessment of Pipeline Drugs
9.1.1. Assessment by Phase of Development
9.1.2. Assessment by Product Type (Mono / Combination)
9.1.3. Assessment by Stage and Product Type
9.1.4. Assessment by Route of Administration
9.1.5. Assessment by Stage and Route of Administration
9.1.6. Assessment by Molecule Type
9.1.7. Assessment by Stage and Molecule Type
9.1.8. Assessment by MoA
9.1.9. Assessment by Stage and MoA
9.1.10. Assessment by Target
9.1.11. Assessment by Stage and Target
18.104.22.168. Vaccine Description
22.214.171.124. Product Profile
126.96.36.199. Regulatory Milestones
188.8.131.52. Other Development Activities
184.108.40.206. Clinical Development
220.127.116.11. Safety & Efficacy
9.2.3. Medicago Inc.
9.2.4. Inovio Pharmaceuticals
*Other companies & Detailed information in the report
10. Key Trends and Developments
11. SWOT Analysis
12. Market Drivers of COVID-19
13. Market Barriers of COVID-19
14. COVID-19 Unmet Needs
15. Analyst Review
List of Tables
Table 1: Total Therapeutic Pipeline Products for COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Table 2: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Therapeutic Products in Clinical Stage
Table 3: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Therapeutic Products in Non-clinical Stage
Table 4: Pipeline Analysis by Route of Administration
Table 5: Pipeline Analysis by Stage and Route of Administration
Table 6: Pipeline Analysis by Molecule Type
Table 7: Pipeline Analysis by Stage and Molecule Type
Table 8: Diagnostic kits in the development stage for COVID-19
Table 9: Vaccines in the development stage for COVID-19
Table 10: Inactive Products
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/tbaez6