The global fiber optic cable market was worth $37.95 billion in 2019. It is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 23.2% and reach $87.58 billion by 2023.
The fiber optic cable market consists of sales of fiber optic cables and related services that are used in telecom, CATV, broadcasting, military/aerospace, healthcare, power, and new energy. A fiber optic cable is an optical cable containing one or more optical fibers that are capable of transmitting the messages into light waves.
Fiber Optic Cable Global Market Report 2020 from the publisher provides the strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global fiber optic cable market.
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 12+ geographies.
- Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
- Identify growth segments for investment.
- Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market.
- Understand customers based on the latest market research findings.
- Benchmark performance against key competitors.
- Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
- Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
- Report will be updated with the latest data and delivered to you within 3-5 working days of order.
The fiber optic cable market has been geographically segmented into North America, Western Europe, Asia-Pacific, Eastern Europe, South America and Middle East & Africa. North America was the largest region in the fiber optic cable market in 2019.
Rising demand for higher bandwidth and faster speed connections will enhance the growth of the fiber optic cable market. There is a surge in demand for high bandwidth from enterprises and individuals due to increased use of the internet for video calls, gaming, online shopping, and social media. Fiber optic cable use light to transmit data instead of electricity so that it can enhance and speed up the internet connections that are capable of handling higher bandwidth.
The technological advancement in the fiber optic cable is a key trend driving the growth of the fiber optic cable market. Wavelength division multiplexing (WDM) is the recent technological improvement in the fiber cables. Wavelength division multiplexing is a technique of multiplexing the number of optical carrier signals through a single optical fiber channel by varying the wavelengths of laser lights. WDM allows communication in all directions in fiber cable. WDMs are used on a single optical fiber to blend light signals coming from different optical fibers. This is attained by using a coupler at the WDM input.
The increase in the adoption of wireless communication systems is expected to limit the growth of the fiber optic cable market. In recent years, demand for wireless services increased exponentially. The emergence of new technologies such as the internet of things (IoT) has increased the adaption of wireless communication systems. According to GSMA, the total contribution of the mobile industry, in 2018 was US$ 3.9 trillion which is equivalent to 4.6% of global GDP. The number of smartphone users worldwide expected to reach 2.87 billion in 2020 from 2.1 billion in 2016.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Fiber Optic Cable Market Characteristics
3. Fiber Optic Cable Market Size and Growth
3.1. Global Fiber Optic Cable Historic Market, 2015 - 2019, $ Billion
3.1.1. Drivers of the Market
3.1.2. Restraints on the Market
3.2. Global Fiber Optic Cable Forecast Market, 2019 - 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
3.2.1. Drivers of the Market
3.2.2. Restraints on the Market
4. Fiber Optic Cable Market Segmentation
4.1. Global Fiber Optic Cable Market, Segmentation by Product Type, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Single-mode Cable
- Multi-mode Cable
4.2. Global Fiber Optic Cable Market, Segmentation by Application, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Oil & Gas
- Military & Aerospace
5. Fiber Optic Cable Market Regional and Country Analysis
5.1. Global Fiber Optic Cable Market, Split by Region, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
5.2. Global Fiber Optic Cable Market, Split by Country, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Corning Inc.
- AFL Communications LLC
- Coherent Inc.
- Finisar Corporation
- Fujikura Ltd
- Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd
- Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd.
- General Cable Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/pcwqsx