LONG BEACH, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Molina Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE: MOH) today announced that it is waiving all COVID-19-related out-of-pocket expenses for its Medicare, Medicaid, and Marketplace members nationwide, following up on its previous announcement last month about waiving all member costs associated with testing for the coronavirus, which causes COVID-19.
“The coronavirus health crisis is having a devastating effect across the U.S. and Molina is committed to supporting the swift testing and immediate treatment for all members who require it at no cost to them,” said Dr. Jason Dees, EVP and chief medical officer, Molina Healthcare. “If a member develops suspected symptoms associated with COVID-19, they are encouraged to contact or visit their primary care physician for immediate testing and care. We want to entirely remove any concerns related to treatment expenses for all Molina members.”
Molina also encourages its members to remain current with their State Department of Health, County Public Health, and CDC guidelines related to COVID-19, and previously announced the following steps:
- Molina is providing virtual urgent care for Marketplace members through its partnership with Teladoc. Members are encouraged to take advantage of this convenient way to receive medical care without leaving their home. For information on how to access this service, members can visit the Teladoc website.
- Molina is expanding Teladoc to all Molina Medicare and Medicaid members.
- Molina is continuing to monitor and update all other tele-health services based on Medicaid Agency updates.
- Molina is reminding members that they can receive free home delivery of prescriptions through any CVS Pharmacy, which is a convenient option for refills or new prescriptions. Members can call their local pharmacy or visit the CVS website.
- Molina is covering screening tests for COVID-19, including office visits, urgent care, or ER visits associated with testing.
- Molina is offering its Coronavirus Chatbot tool for members seeking information about COVID-19 risk factors, which is available on the Molina website, member portal, and mobile app.
About Molina Healthcare
Molina Healthcare, Inc., a FORTUNE 500 company, provides managed health care services under the Medicaid and Medicare programs and through the state insurance marketplaces. Through its locally operated health plans, Molina Healthcare served approximately 3.3 million members as of December 31, 2019. For more information about Molina Healthcare, please visit molinahealthcare.com.