- “Without Consent” looks at how the large quantity of class action lawsuits over the collection and use of biometric information is creating new concerns for insurers. Those class actions are just one piece of a much broader problem the industry is facing when it comes to litigation.
- In “Legal Maneuvers,” Best’s Review dissects the evolving legal climate and how decades of underpricing in many commercial lines has left the industry ill-prepared to handle the growing exposures tied to social inflation and rising jury awards.
- In “Pandemic Viewpoints,” industry experts talk to AM Best TV about how COVID-19 is impacting the insurance market.
- Insurers also are focused on meeting the demands of regulators. “A Renewed Focus,” examines climate change and industry efforts to manage harm and improve sustainability.
- In the life sector, insurers have been announcing big pension risk transfer deals. Find out what is behind this trend in “Panning for Gold.”
- As urban areas are being transformed into smart cities, insurers must be aware of the emerging risks that follow. Learn more in “Living ‘on’ the Grid.”
- What are the risks linked to 5G? Find out in “Need for Speed.”
Also in the April issue:
- Best’s Review introduces a listing of recent AM Best research with the Best’s Analysis page.
- In “Empowering Agents,” data shows partnering with agents enables success.
Full access to the complete content of Best’s Review is available at www.bestreview.com.
AM Best is a global credit rating agency, news publisher and data analytics provider specializing in the insurance industry. Headquartered in the United States, the company does business in over 100 countries with regional offices in New York, London, Amsterdam, Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Mexico City. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2020 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. and/or its affiliates. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.