DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Antibody Contract Manufacturing Market, 2020 - 2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Antibody Contract Manufacturing Market, 2020-2030 features an extensive study of the current market landscape and future opportunities associated with the contract manufacturing of antibodies. The study also features a detailed analysis of key drivers and trends related to this evolving domain.
One of the key objectives of the report was to estimate the existing market size and the future growth potential within the antibody contract manufacturing market. Based on multiple parameters, such as projected growth of overall antibody-based products market, cost of goods sold and direct manufacturing costs, we have developed informed estimates on the financial evolution of the market over the period 2020-2030.
The report also provides details on the likely distribution of the current and forecasted opportunity across:
- [A] type of antibodies (monoclonal antibodies, bispecific antibodies and others)
- [B] company size (small, mid-sized and large / very large)
- [C] scale of operation (preclinical / clinical and commercial)
- [E] expression systems (mammalian, microbial and others)
- [F] key geographical regions (North America, Europe, Asia)
Since the approval of Orthoclone OKT3 in 1986, monoclonal antibodies have become an important part of modern healthcare practices. In fact, several experts consider monoclonal antibodies to be the backbone of the biopharmaceutical industry. It is worth noting that, till date, more than 100 therapeutic monoclonal antibodies have been approved across different geographies; recent approvals include (in reverse chronological order) Adakveo (November 2019), Beovu (October 2019), SKYRIZI (April 2019) and EVENITY (April 2019).
Owing to their high specificity and the favorable safety profile associated with the therapeutic use of such molecules, antibody based interventions presently constitute the largest class of biologics in the industry.
This trend is unlikely to change in the near future as advanced variants, such as bispecific antibodies and antibody fragments-based products, are steadily gaining traction. Further, owing to legacy challenges associated with the development and production of biologics, such as advanced supply chain requirements, outsourcing antibody production operations is a popular trend.
The antibody contract manufacturing market is highly competitive, featuring companies of all sizes, some of which claim to offer end-to-end solutions, ranging from antibody development to commercial production. Historical and prevalent trends suggest that sponsor companies are likely to continue relying on contract service providers for various aspects of antibody-based product development and manufacturing. This dependence on outsourcing can be attributed to the high cost and time investment required to establish the necessary infrastructure and expertise in biologics.
The competition among contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) engaged in this domain is high, with the availability of cutting-edge tools and technologies being one of the key differentiating factors that grant a competitive advantage over other players. Therefore, in order to establish a strong foothold in the market and also meet the growing demand for antibody therapeutics / reagents, CMOs are actively expanding their capacities and capabilities.
Amongst other elements, the report includes:
- A detailed review of the overall landscape of companies, offering contract services for the manufacturing of antibodies, along with information on year of establishment, company size, scale of operation (preclinical, clinical and commercial), location of headquarters, number of manufacturing facilities and location of these facilities, type of antibody manufactured (monoclonal antibodies, bispecific antibodies and polyclonal antibodies), type of expression systems used (mammalian, microbial and others), fill / finish operations and affiliations to regulatory agencies.
- A competitiveness analysis of key players engaged in this domain, featuring an assessment based on their supplier strength (related to the experience of a contract manufacturer), and service strength (which takes into account the size of service portfolio and scale of operation).
- A benchmark analysis, highlighting the key focus areas of small, mid-sized and large companies, comparing their existing capabilities within and beyond their respective (geography-based) peer groups.
- An analysis of the various partnerships pertaining to contract manufacturing of antibodies, which have been established since 2013, based on several parameters, such as the year of agreement, type of partnership, project scale and focus therapeutic area.
- An analysis of the various expansion initiatives undertaken by service providers, in order to augment their respective antibody manufacturing capabilities, over the period 2017-2019 (till October), taking into consideration parameters, such as year of expansion, type of expansion (capacity expansion, facility expansion and new facility), type of antibodies manufactured and location of manufacturing facility.
- An estimate of the overall, installed capacity for manufacturing antibodies based on data reported by industry stakeholders in the public domain; it highlights the distribution of available antibody production capacity on the basis of company size (small, mid-sized, large and very large firms), scale of operation (preclinical, clinical and commercial), and key geographical regions (North America, Europe, Asia).
- Informed estimates of the annual commercial and clinical demand for antibodies, based on various relevant parameters, such as target patient population, dosing frequency and dose strength.
- Elaborate profiles of the key industry players that offer contract manufacturing services at all scales of operation and have more than two manufacturing facilities. Each profile features a brief overview of the company, information on its service portfolio, details related to its manufacturing capabilities and facilities, and an informed future outlook.
- A case study comparing the key characteristics of large molecule and small molecule drugs, along with details on the various steps and challenges involved in their respective manufacturing processes.
- A discussion on affiliated trends, key drivers and challenges, under a SWOT framework, which are likely to impact the industry's evolution, including a Harvey ball analysis, highlighting the relative effect of each SWOT parameter on the overall pharmaceutical industry.
In order to account for future uncertainties and to add robustness to our model, we have provided three forecast scenarios, namely conservative, base and optimistic scenarios, representing different tracks of the industry's growth.
The opinions and insights presented in this study were influenced by discussions conducted with multiple stakeholders in this domain.
The report features detailed transcripts of interviews held with the following individuals:
- Dietmar Katinger, Chief Executive Officer, Polymun Scientific
- David C Cunningham, Director Corporate Development, Goodwin Biotechnology
- Claire Otjes, Assistant Marketing Manager, Batavia Biosciences
Key Topics Covered
2. Executive Summary
4. Market Landscape
5. Company Competitive Analysis
6. Company Profiles
7. Case Study: Comparison of Small & Large Molecules (Biologics) Drugs / Therapies
8. Benchmark Analysis
10. Recent Expansions
11. Capacity Analysis
12. Demand Analysis
13. Market Sizing and Opportunity Analysis
14. SWOT Analysis
15. Future of the Antibody CMO Market
16. Interview Transcripts
17. Appendix 1: List of Antibody Custom Manufacturers
18. Appendix 2: Tabulated Data
19. Appendix 3: List of Companies and Organizations
- AbbVie Contract Manufacturing
- Abdi Ibrahim
- A-Bio Pharma
- ABL Bio
- Absolute Antibody
- AC Immune
- Acticor Biotech
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals
- Affinita Biotech
- Affinity Life Sciences
- AGC Biologics
- Ajinomoto Althea
- Alethia Biotherapeutics
- Allele Biotechnology & Pharmaceuticals
- Alligator Bioscience
- Annular Biotech
- Antibodies Incorporated
- Antibody Production Services (division of Life Science Group)
- Arcus Biosciences
- ASKA Biotech
- ASLAN Pharmaceuticals
- AURA Biotechnologies
- Avid Bioservices
- Axcellerate Pharma
- Batavia Biosciences
- Baxter BioPharma Solutions
- Baylor Scott & White Research Institute
- Bharat Serums and Vaccine
- BioInvent International
- Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA)
- Biosynergy EUROPE
- BioXcellence (Boehringer Ingelheim)
- BJ Bioscience
- Brii Biosciences
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Calypso Biotech
- Catalent Biologics
- Cell Culture Company
- Cell Essentials
- Center of iPS Cell Research and Application, Kyoto University
- Changchun High & New Technology Industry
- Chiome Bioscience
- CMAB Biopharma
- CMC Biologics
- Cobra Biologics
- Cook Pharmica
- Creative Biolabs
- Cytovance Biologics
- Diatec Monoclonals
- DM Bio
and many, many more!
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/2qcvsg