This Market Spotlight report covers the Fibromyalgia market, comprising key marketed and pipeline drugs, clinical trials, recent events and analyst opinion, upcoming events, probability of success, patent information, and prevalence data, as well as presenting drug-specific revenue forecasts.
- The approved drugs in the fibromyalgia space target dopamine reuptake, norepinephrine (noradrenaline) reuptake/transporter, serotonin reuptake, and voltage-gated calcium channels. All of the marketed drugs for fibromyalgia are administered via the oral route.
- The majority of industry-sponsored drugs in active clinical development for fibromyalgia are in Phase II, with two drugs in Phase III.
- Therapies in development for fibromyalgia focus on a wide variety of targets. These drugs are most commonly administered via the oral route.
- The only high-impact upcoming event in the fibromyalgia space is topline Phase IIa trial results for ASP0819. The overall likelihood of approval of a Phase I pain asset is 7.2%, and the average probability a drug advances from Phase III is 58.6%. Drugs, on average, take 9.3 years from Phase I to approval, compared to 9.8 years in the overall neurology space.
- The distribution of clinical trials across Phase I-IV indicates that the majority of trials for fibromyalgia have been in the late phases of development, with 68% of trials in Phase III-IV, and 32% in Phase I-II.
- The US has a substantial lead in the number of fibromyalgia clinical trials globally. Germany, Spain, and the UK lead the major EU markets, while India has the top spot in Asia.
- Clinical trial activity in the fibromyalgia space is dominated by completed trials. Pfizer has the highest number of completed clinical trials for fibromyalgia, with 23 trials.
- Pfizer leads industry sponsors with the highest overall number of clinical trials for fibromyalgia, followed by Allergan.
Key Topics Covered
- Disease Definition
- Patient Subtypes
- Risk Factors
- Pharmacologic Therapies
- Fibromyalgia Prevalence
RECENT EVENTS AND ANALYST OPINION
- Multiple Drugs for Fibromyalgia (June 25, 2019)
- NYX-2925 for Fibromyalgia (June 10, 2019)
- NYX-2925 for Fibromyalgia (December 3, 2018)
KEY UPCOMING EVENTS
PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS
LICENSING AND ASSET ACQUISITION DEALS
- Axsome Gets Reboxetine Rights In Narcolepsy From Pfizer
CLINICAL TRIAL LANDSCAPE
- Sponsors By Status
- Sponsors By Phase
- Prescription Information
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Overview of pipeline drugs for fibromyalgia in the US
Figure 2: Pipeline drugs for fibromyalgia, by company
Figure 3: Pipeline drugs for fibromyalgia, by drug type
Figure 4: Pipeline drugs for fibromyalgia, by classification
Figure 5: NYX-2925 for Fibromyalgia (June 10, 2019): Phase II - Pilot Study
Figure 6: NYX-2925 for Fibromyalgia (December 3, 2018): Phase II - Pilot Study
Figure 7: Key upcoming events in fibromyalgia
Figure 8: Probability of success in the fibromyalgia pipeline
Figure 9: Licensing and asset acquisition deals in fibromyalgia, 2015-20
Figure 10: Parent patents in fibromyalgia
Figure 11: Clinical trials in fibromyalgia
Figure 12: Top 10 drugs for clinical trials in fibromyalgia
Figure 13: Top 10 companies for clinical trials in fibromyalgia
Figure 14: Trial locations in fibromyalgia
Figure 15: Fibromyalgia trials status
Figure 16: Fibromyalgia trials sponsors, by phase
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: Marketed drugs for fibromyalgia
Table 2: Pipeline drugs for fibromyalgia in the US
Table 3: Multiple Drugs for Fibromyalgia (June 25, 2019)
Table 4: NYX-2925 for Fibromyalgia (June 10, 2019)
Table 5: NYX-2925 for Fibromyalgia (December 3, 2018)
Table 6: Historical global sales, by drug ($m), 2014-18
Table 7: Forecasted global sales, by drug ($m), 2020-24
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/dpdt3d