CLEVELAND--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Minwax, America’s number one-selling* interior wood stain, today introduced its Design Series, a new line of wood finishes and special effects waxes to help do-it- yourselfers bring out the best in their wood furniture and transform interior décor for less.
The new finishes were created specifically for DIYers who want to beautify and contemporize home décor with new on-trend looks. The Design Series finishes include:
- Wood Effects replicates the appearance of aged wood in one easy step creating a rustic, vintage look. Available in Charred Look (Black) and Weathered Look (Gray).
- Color Washes creates a rustic, distressed look, while adding color and letting the wood grain still shine. Available in White Wash, Barnwood Brown and Weathered Gray
- Soft Touch Finishing Wax is a clear wax that leaves a velvet-soft feel and matte finish to wood surfaces and protects bare or stained wood and painted surfaces without altering color.
- Grain Highlighting Wax is designed to draw out the detail and character of wood grain while providing a distressed look.
“The Design Series line allows you to breathe new life into outdated, well-worn or existing furniture,” says Sue Kim, Minwax Senior Color & Designer Expert. “This year designers are really emphasizing the charm and character of wood grain. Our new Grain Highlighting Wax will achieve those coveted high- end looks for much less.”
For more than 110 years, Minwax® has been a leading brand of high-quality wood finishing and wood care products. From wood stains to clear protective finishes, plus solutions for wood preparation, maintenance and repair, Minwax products are requested by the Do-It-Yourself consumer, seasoned woodworkers, and professional contractors. Minwax is part of Sherwin-Williams Consumer Brands Group, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. Minwax can be found online at www.minwax.com, on Instagram at Instagram.com/MinwaxUSA, on Facebook at facebook.com/Minwax, on Pinterest at pinterest.com/Minwax and on YouTube at youtube.com/user/MinwaxUSA.
* Based on Epicor’s Industry Data Analytics and third-party survey results for interior wood stains for the 12-month period ending 12/19.