DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Bottled Water Packaging Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The bottled water packaging market was valued at USD 181.70billion in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 278.31 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 6.86% over the forecast period 2020 - 2025.
- The rise in awareness about consuming safe water for a healthy life and contaminated tap water is creating a huge market opportunity for bottled water which in return will create a positive outlook on the bottled water packaging market.
- Moreover, bottled mineral water is purified and fortified with dissolved minerals, which provides added health benefits to consumers. With, innovative design and new packaging solutions, it has contributed to improvements in packaging and weight reduction and thus acting as the driver for the bottled water packaging market.
- However, environmental regulations imposed by the government due to improper disposal of plastic bottles is likely to curb the bottled water packaging market size during the forecasted period.
Key Market Trends
Plastic Packaging to Dominate the Market
- According to the National Association of Container Distributors, the push for lightweight packaging from consumers and businesses is spurring the growth of polyethylene terephthalate. Moreover, lightweight has been a focal point of the bottled water sector. According to the International Bottled Water Association, the average weight of a 16.9 ounce PET (half-liter) plastic bottle has dropped 48 percent to 9.89 grams from 2000 to 2014. This drop in weight is creating a market for bottled water plastic packaging market.
- Further, with the advancements in manufacturing coupled with lowering operational cost, resins and packaging are pacing the industry's growth. Low feedstock costs are encouraging the utilization and adoption of plastics bottle packagings.
- Moreover, focusing on their customers, brand owners are pushing design innovations in plastic bottling that are unparalleled in the rest of the packaging sector, such as weight savings in transport and manufacturing is fueling the bottled water plastic packaging market.
North America Held the Maximum Share in the Market
- According to the International Bottled Water Association (IBWA) and the Beverage Marketing Corporation (BMC), Americans are drinking more bottled water than any other packaged beverage, carbonated soft drinks. Health awareness, a higher standard of living, and rising demand and consumption of bottled water are some of the major driving factors for the growth of bottled water packaging in North America.
- Moreover, in developed economies like the US and Canada, functional water is constantly becoming a major commercial and popular beverage category, as it is an appealing option for health-conscious consumers. Hence, augmenting the bottled water market.
- Moreover, the initiative for waste management systems is plateauing in their ability to increase post-consumer collection of PET bottles. For instance, Nestle waters piloting schemes to improve the plastic collection and sharing what they find to assess their scale-up and replicability from technical interventions like reverse vending machines to building an extended producer responsibility system.
- Such initiatives are making the North America region to dominate the bottled water packaging market.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Increasing Bottled Water Consumption
4.3.2 Technological Innovations in Bottled Water Equipment
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Stringent Regulatory Concerning the Environment Regarding Disposable of Plastics Bottles
4.5 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Material
5.1.4 Other Materials
5.2.1 North America
5.2.4 Latin America
5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
7 INVESTMENT OUTLOOK
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- Alpack Packaging
- Alpha packaging ( Protective Packaging Solutions)
- Amcor Limited
- Ball Corporation
- Exo Packaging
- Graham Packaging Company
- Greif, Inc
- Plastipak Holdings, Inc.
- Rpc Group PLC
- Sidel International
- Silgan Holdings, Inc.
Tetra Pak International S.A.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ab6k7l