DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "5G Chipset Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global 5G chipset market was evaluated from 2019, as the technology has not yet been commercialized in 2018. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 87.8% over the forecast period (2020-2025).
The 5G Chipset Market is moderately fragmented as all the companies involved in the production of 5G chipsets in the current market scenario are highly competitive and mostly market incumbents. All of them have equally high R&D capabilities, and all of them have equally effective competitive strategies. Such competition, even before commercialization of the product, indicates a high probability of an increase in the competitive rivalry over the forecast period. Due to this, the market is highly fragmented.
- Some of the key players in the 5G chipset market are Qualcomm, Intel, Samsung. Some of the recent developments in 5G chipset market are as follows:Qualcomm announced that its upcoming flagship mobile platform will feature a system-on-chip (SoC) built on the 7nm process node. The 7nm SoC can be paired with the Qualcomm Snapdragon X50 5G modem, which is anticipated to be the first 5G-capable mobile platform for smartphones and other mobile devices.
- In September 2019, Samsung Electronics announced the Exynos 980 mobile processor equipped with an integrated 5G modem that delivers a downlink speed of up to 2.55Gbps. Additionally, the integration of modem and mobile processor into a single chip leads to less space utilization and power efficiency.
- In January 2020, MediaTek introduced its Dimensity 800 Series 5G chipset family that may bring flagship features, power, and performance to new premium mid-range 5G smartphones. MediaTek's Dimensity 5G chipset family offers powerful system-on-chips (SoCs) with integrated 5G modems. The single chip solutions offer an unrivaled combination of connectivity, multimedia, AI, and imaging innovations packed into an ultra-efficient 7 nanometer chip. The first devices, featuring Dimensity 800 Series SoCs, are expected to launch in the first half of 2020.
- Increasing Demand for High-speed Internet and Broad Network Coverage with Reduced Latency and Power Consumption
- Growing Machine-to-machine/IoT Connections
- Increase in Demand for Mobile Data Services
- Fragmented Spectrum Allocation
Key Vendor Profiles
- Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
- MediaTek Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
- Xilinx Inc.
- Nokia Corporation
- Broadcom Inc.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Anokiwave Inc.
- Qorvo Inc.
- NXP Semiconductors NV
- Cavium Inc.
- Analog Devices Inc.
- Texas Instruments Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/lwg3n9