This report reveals which companies are being funded or acquired as well as which established players are attracting growth equity or acquiring technology to augment their portfolios. It pulls together data relating to 7 key categories (see below) from the diverse smart buildings space; specifically Building Fabric, Physical Security & Safety, Building Energy Management, Building Automation, Smart Home, Smart Building to Smart Grid and Proptech.
This report consists of:
- A Set of 70 Presentation Slides containing detailed analysis, notable acquisitions and investments and 40 profiles of acquisitions, buyers, investments and investors.
- A Spreadsheet of Acquisitions covering 3 years since January 2017, including date, description, deal values, revenues and exit multiples, where disclosed.
A Spreadsheet of Investments covering 3 years since January 2017, including funding type, date, description, value, and investors, where disclosed.
What the Research will Tell You
- Record levels of M&A in the last 2 years are confirming a shift in this slowly evolving market, with 232 acquisitions in 2019 and 226 in 2018, which was a 66% increase over 136 in 2017. This heightened level of activity maintained over the last two years is a significant indicator that a tipping point has finally been reached in the acceptance and adoption of intelligent building technology.
- Investment in 2019 amounted to $5.4 billion spread over 316 funding rounds. This is around 31% lower than the record level of $7.8 billion capital investment over 361 rounds in 2018, but a 61% increase on the 2017 level of $3.3 billion spread over 301 rounds.
- This is the most complete and up-to-date report tracking VC/PE funding and M&A in the global smart buildings space, with an analysis of notable deals and most active investors and buyers during H2-2019; drawing comparisons with the last 2 years.
Since the publication of our first M&A and Investments report in July 2019, we have also amended our coverage in the Physical Security domain to include those AI companies in China who are focusing on facial recognition. This includes companies such as Megvii and SenseTime, which have attracted extraordinarily high-value investments.
The information and analysis within our Deal Tracking Service are based on extensive and continuous research in the Smart Building Space. It benefits the publisher's previous research over the last 3 years on subjects such as StartUps, the Building Internet of Things (BIoT), Big Data, Security, Occupancy Analytics and Human-Centric Lighting.
It demonstrates the critical contribution that Venture Capital and Private Equity Finance is making to the introduction of innovation in the Smart Buildings space.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Mergers & Acquisitions
- Summary of M&A H2-2019
- M&A Activity 2017 to 2019
- Highest Value Acquisitions from 2017 to 2019
- Notable Acquisitions H2-2019: Commercial & Industrial Sector
- Notable Acquisitions H2-2019: Residential Sector
- Acquisition Profiles: EasyIO, GesellschaX fr Regelungstechnik und Energieeinsparung, Global Technical Group, iLOQ, Jibestream, Keen Home, LocusLabs, OpenEye, Rifiniti, Vivint Smart Home
- Buyer Profiles: Albireo Energy, Bosch Building Technologies, Convergint Technologies,
- Fidelix, FM: Systems, Johnson Controls, Latour Industries, Nordomatic, SmartSpace Software, Vitaprotech
- Summary of Investments H2-2019
- Funding Rounds by Sector H2-2019
- Volume and Value of Investments from 2017 to 2019
- Highest Funded Companies from 2017 to 2019
- Notable Investments H2-2019: Commercial & Industrial Sector
- Notable Investments H2-2019: Residential Sector
- Investment Profiles: 75F, Eden, Equiem, Latch, MiniBEMS, MyGate, RapidSOS, Smarten Spaces, Stratos IoT, Thing Technologies
- IPO Profiles: Sunnova Energy
- Investor Profiles: Earthworm, Engie New Ventures, Honeywell Ventures, InnoEnergy, Metaprop, Navitas Capital, Priva, PropTech1 Ventures, SET Ventures, Wells Fargo Innovation Incubator
- Information Sources
- Albireo Energy
- Bosch Building Technologies
- Convergint Technologies
- Engie New Ventures
- GesellschaX fr Regelungstechnik und Energieeinsparung
- Global Technical Group
- Honeywell Ventures
- Johnson Controls
- Keen Home
- Latour Industries
- Navitas Capital
- PropTech1 Ventures
- SET Ventures
- Smarten Spaces
- SmartSpace Software
- Stratos IoT
- Thing Technologies
- Vivint Smart Home
Wells Fargo Innovation Incubator
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/jlrr1