The global antivirals market was valued at about $38.1 billion in 2018 and is expected to grow to $52.22 billion at a CAGR of 8.2% through 2022.
This report provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global antivirals market.
The antivirals market consists of sales of antiviral drugs and related services. Antiviral drugs reduces the replication of viruses at different stages. Various type of viral infections for which antiviral drugs are used include HIV, herpes, hepatitis and influenza viruses.
The antivirals market has been geographically segmented into North America, Western Europe, APAC, Eastern Europe, South America and Middle East & Africa. The North American market is the largest market for antivirals and is expected to continue to be the largest market during the forecast period
The rising incidents of viral infections across the world is a significant driver for the antiviral drugs market. A virus is a small infectious agent which has the ability to invade a host cell and then grow in multiple numbers. Viruses can originate through various sources such as unhygienic living condition, change in weather or direct physical contact (body fluids and touch) with any host that is already infected with virus. According to UNAIDS, as of 2017, 36.9 million people were affected with HIV globally and out of those around 1.8 million people were affected with HIV in 2017.
The rising incidents of antiviral resistance is one of the major restraints for the antiviral drug market. Antiviral resistance occurs when viruses mutate and adapt to antiviral drugs due to prolonged usage of these drugs. The mutation changes that parts of the virus-cell that are affected by drugs, thus causing the antiviral drug to become ineffective against the virus. For example, in June 2017, the WHO (World Health Organization) removed Oseltamivir antiviral drug from the list of its essential medicines due to the drug's low effectiveness. Oseltamivir was used to cure flu virus (Influenza). Similarly, another class of drug, Adamantanes, which includes Amantadine (Symadine) and Rimantadine (Flumadine) were reported by CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) in the year 2017-18 as an ineffective medication, due to increase in resistance by Influenza A strains like H1N1 and H3N2 Viruses.
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 50+ geographies.
- Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
- Identify growth segments for investment.
- Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market.
- Understand customers based on the latest market research findings.
- Benchmark performance against key competitors.
- Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
- Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
- Report will be updated with the latest data and delivered to you within 3-5 working days of order.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market
- The Market Characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
- The Market Size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
- Market Segmentations break down market into sub markets.
- The Regional and Country section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers all the regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
- Competitive Landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
- The Trends and Strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
- Merck & Co. Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Roche Holding AG
- Gilead Sciences
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- AbbVie Inc.
- Cipla Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Dr Reddy
- Med Immune/AstraZeneca
- Abbott Healthcare
- Roche Holding AG
- Novartis International AG
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Mylan N.V.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/fqdtq9