DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Tissue Engineering Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Application (Cord Blood & Cell Banking, Cancer, GI & Gynecology, Dental, Orthopedics, Musculoskeletal, & Spine), by Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global tissue engineering market size is expected to reach USD 28.9 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 14.2%.
Rapid advancements and a strong pipeline of regenerative medicine are anticipated to provide effective solutions for chronic conditions. Several companies in growing markets are striving to capitalize on the untapped market potential with a strong focus on R&D. For instance, RepliCel is investing in multiple regenerative medicine products. As of 2019, its three products (RCH-01, RCS-01, RCT-01) were in the development phase and its dermal injector device (RCI-02) is under pre-commercialization production and testing phase.
The application of nanotechnology has played a critical role in the process of tissue engineering. Treating neurological diseases is a significant challenge as early diagnosis and treatment initiation is crucial. However, the advent of new 3D designed nanofibers has proved to be a ready alternative to aid the regeneration of damaged neurons. Such advances have propelled the growth of tissue engineering products.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Cardiology and vascular application is one of the fastest-growing segments owing to an increasing incidence rate of heart failures worldwide
- Since the past 20 years, cardiac cell therapy or cardiomyoplasty has been an important focal point of the majority of the studies aimed at heart disease management through regeneration
- A rise in the number of children with congenital malformations such as single ventricle anomalies has led to the growing demand for heart transplantation
- Tissue-engineered organs help address challenges related to the lack of suitable donor organ and potential side effects related to the transplantation, thereby driving the tissue engineering market growth
- Orthopedic, musculoskeletal, and spine segment accounted for the major revenue share in 2019 and is anticipated to dominate the market for tissue engineering through 2027
- The high share is attributable to frequent damage to musculoskeletal tissues or loss of tissue in disease or injury with limited repair probability
- In addition, a rise in geriatric population, increasing sports-related injuries, and musculoskeletal disorders is also responsible for a high share of orthopedic, musculoskeletal, and spine segment
Key Topics Covered:
1. Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Tissue Engineering Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Lineage Outlook
3.1.1 Parent market outlook
3.1.2 Related/ancillary market outlook
18.104.22.168 Stem cell market
22.214.171.124 3D cell culture market
3.2 Market Segmentation and Scope
3.3 Market Dynamics
3.3.1 Market driver analysis
126.96.36.199 Advancements in stem cell technology & tissue engineering
188.8.131.52.1 Nanotechnology potential
184.108.40.206.2 Technological advancements in biological implants
220.127.116.11.3 Introduction of novel platforms and technologies
18.104.22.168 Rise in number of clinical studies for regenerative medicine and tissue engineering
22.214.171.124 Increasing tissue engineering research funding
3.3.2 Market restraint analysis
126.96.36.199 High cost of product development
188.8.131.52 Ethical concerns related to stem cell research & tissue engineered product
184.108.40.206 Clinical issues pertaining to development & implementation of stem cell therapies
220.127.116.11.1 Manufacturing issues
18.104.22.168.2 Genetic instability
22.214.171.124.3 Condition of stem cell culture
126.96.36.199.4 Stem cell distribution after transplant
188.8.131.52.5 Immunological rejection
184.108.40.206.6 Challenges associated with allogenic mode of transplantation
3.4 Penetration & Growth Prospects Mapping, by Application, 2019
3.5 Tissue Engineering Market - PESTEL Analysis
3.6 Industry Analysis - Porter's
3.7 Major Deals & Strategic Alliances Analysis
3.7.1 Collaboration & agreement
3.7.2 Joint venture
4. Tissue Engineering Market: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Tissue Engineering Market: Application Movement Analysis
4.2 Cord Blood & Cell Banking
4.4 Gastrointestinal Disorders (GI) and Gynecology
4.6 Skin & Integumentary
4.8 Orthopedics, Musculoskeletal, & Spine
4.10 Cardiology & Vascular
5. Tissue Engineering Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, by Application
5.1 Tissue Engineering Market Share by Region, 2019 & 2027
5.2 North America
5.4 Asia Pacific
5.5 Latin America
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Company Categorization
6.2 Tissue Engineering Market Position Analysis (Based on Products, Market Presence, Service Portfolio, Regional Presence)
6.3 List of key players (public and private) operating in the tissue engineering market
6.4 Strategy Framework
6.5 Company Profiles
6.5.1 Medtronic plc
6.5.2 Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.
6.5.3 Allergan plc
6.5.4 ACell, Inc.
6.5.5 Athersys, Inc.
6.5.6 Organogenesis Holdings Inc.
6.5.7 Stryker Corporation
6.5.8 Tissue Regenix Group plc
6.5.9 RTI Surgical, Inc.
6.5.10 ReproCell, Inc.
6.5.11 Integra LifeSciences Corporation
6.5.12 Baxter International, Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/5pbz1u