Gain expert advice on how to write and edit scientific and medical texts, technical documents and those documents needed for regulatory submission
About this course
Effective technical writing and editing is a vital skill in ensuring a clear and compliant message. This interactive course will provide an intensive, practical guide to best practice to follow in achieving excellence in scientific, medical and technical documentation.
Our expert trainer will offer invaluable tools and techniques to help you write with confidence, clarity and a logical structure to successfully convey information to your reader.
With a combination of presentations, hands-on exercises and text review sessions, the programme will enable you to take your writing and editing skills to the highest level to the ultimate benefit of your business.
Overview of writing and editing - substantive and technical aspects:
- Considering logic, text flow and wordiness, as well as accuracy
- Looking at details such as language editing, reference style, abbreviations and acronyms
- Preparing a clear message for the intended reader
- Why punctuate?
Further improving readability - being kind to your reader:
- Rewriting texts for maximum effectiveness
- Improving tables, graphs and flow charts
Final checks including proofreading
- Why this is more than just a spell check
Writing tips and tools
- Style guides
- Systematic checks
Working with co-authors and editors, reviewers and other team members
- Upfront decisions
- Giving feedback effectively
Final discussion session
Practical hands-on exercises and text review sessions will take place throughout the day.
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/stp9d3