DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Influenza Medications Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020-2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Influenza has been recognised as a crucial cause of morbidity and mortality in human population, which is leading to the development of novel drugs that are intended for reducing consequent health and economic impacts. Increasing prevalence of influenza and growth in research funding for development of new Medications are the major factors driving the global influenza Medications market.
According to the WHO, in 2018, influenza can cause severe sickness or death mainly in patients at a high risk and illness range from mild to severe and even death. In addition, this annual increase is projected to result in about 3-5 million cases of severe illness, and about 290,000-650,000 deaths, globally.
Additionally, growing number of government initiatives to increase the awareness about the Medications and prevention of influenza. presence of Strong Pipeline for Antiviral Drugs are the other factors that are propelling the growth of the market globally.
However, high costs and side effects associated with the influenza medications are likely to hamper the growth of the market.
Vaccines segment Holds Significant Share in Influenza Medications Market
- Inactivate virus vaccines are more commonly used than live virus vaccines. In recent years, a significant advancement has been made in understanding the influenza virus, however, a little success has been achieved in understanding the prevention and control mechanism by the human immune system.
- To narrow the gap between understanding, the Human Vaccines Project has initiated the Universal Influenza Vaccine Initiative (UIVI) in collaboration with academic, corporate, nonprofit, and government partners. Also, biomedical and bioinformatics researchers are significantly contributing in the accelerating the development of a universal influenza vaccine. For instance, in July 2018, Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccine division of Sanofi, has launched 4-strain influenza vaccine FluQuadri in India.
- The past two years reported high dominance of Influenza A(H3N2), followed by influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 virus and influenza B viruses. In some cases, the disease is causing organism changes each year, which requires annual immunization against new circulating strains.
- With one major challenge to reduce the transmissibility of influenza viruses, there are several new vaccine strategies and platforms develop each year, which constantly push the growth of the market.
North America dominate the Global Influenza Medications Market
- The United States and Canada in North America has a better healthcare system, and government organisations are actively focusing on the improvement of health in the country.
- With increasing influenza-associated hospitalisation and paediatric deaths, and the interest of government organisations to better manage the disease, influenza Medications market is expected to grow in the future in the North America region.
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is creating a weekly US Influenza surveillance report, in which, weekly data is collected from various laboratories. Data for the week ending on July 21, 2018, states that 5.2% of deaths that occurred during the week were due to influenza. In addition, the number of influenza-associated paediatric deaths, as recorded by CDC, for year 2017-2018 was 179. This indicates that influenza-associated mortality rates are quite high in the United States.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Rising Incidence and Prevalence of Influenza
4.2.2 Increasing R&D Initiatives in Development of Novel and Advanced Drugs for the Treatment of Influenza
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 High cost of Drug Development
4.3.2 Side effects Associated with Antiviral Therapy
4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Antiviral Drugs
5.2 By Distribution Channel
5.2.1 Hospital Pharmacy
5.2.2 Independent Pharmacy and Drug Store
5.2.3 Online Pharmacy
5.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Middle East and Africa
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East and Africa
5.3.5 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.2 Daiichi Sankyo Company
6.1.3 F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.(Genentech USA, Inc.)
6.1.5 Genentech USA, Inc.
6.1.6 NATCO Pharma Limited
6.1.7 Novartis AG
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/tj8d6v