DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Electronic Logging Device Market Size, Market Share, Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts, 2019 To 2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global market is worth US$ 12.04 Bn in 2018 and expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027.
Growing concern about on-road safety and for creating a safer work environment for drivers and to simplify tracking, managing, and sharing of records of duty status (RODS), many countries of the world are enacting laws to install electronic logging devices in their vehicles. Recently, in 2017, the U.S. government regularized the electronic logging device (ELD) rule as a part of MAP-21. With the passage of this law in 2017, the drivers of commercial vehicles, trucks, and buses have to mandatorily install ELD in their vehicles.
Furthermore, advancement in technology such as cloud-based ELD software is expected to influence the market. Recently, in October 2019, Mack Trucks collaborated with Geotab Inc., a Canada based company, to leverage its cloud-based data reporting for ELD compliance. Such market events are further driving the market growth.
The overall electronic logging device market is slightly fragmented in nature and it is growing at a moderate rate. However, technological advancement such as the launch of cloud-based ELD is expected to grow the market in the near future. Further, market players are adopting strategies such as new product development and advancement in technology, partnership & collaboration, merger and acquisition with other players to stay competitive in the already fragmented market.
- In January 2020, Teletrac Navman US Ltd announced its integration with Fleetio, a fleet management software company. This mutual integration will benefit customers of both the companies in simplifying fleet management process, fleet maintenance and customized reporting of engine hours vs. mileage.
- In December 2019, Omnitracs unveiled its new fleet management planner. It's a cloud-based tool that can optimize fleet operation, service schedule, territory maps, and automated re-routing. With this new launch, the company is expecting to increase its share in the fleet management software market.
Key Market Movements:
- Based on component type, the electronic logging device market is segmented into a display, telematics units, and others. The telematics unit captured the highest share of the market.
- Based on form-factor, embedded ELD captured the major share of the market owing to its features such as secure and reliable functioning.
- In 2018, Europe captured a significant share of the market. On the other hand, North America is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1. Global ELD Market Value, 2017 - 2027, (US$ Bn)
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.2.1. Market Drivers
3.2.2. Market Restraints
3.3. Attractive Investment Proposition, by Geography, 2018
3.4. Market Positioning of Key Players, 2018
3.4.1. Major Strategies Adopted by Key Players
4. Global Electronic Logging Device (ELD) Market, by Vehicle Type , 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
4.4. Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV)
5. Global Electronic Logging Device (ELD) Market, by Component Type, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
5.3. Telematics Unit
6. Global Electronic Logging Device (ELD) Market, by Form-factor, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
7. Global Electronic Logging Device (ELD) Market, by Deployment, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
8. North America Electronic Logging Device (ELD) Market Analysis, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
8.1.1. North America ELD Market Value and Growth, 2017 - 2027, (US$ Bn)
8.2. North America ELD Market Value, By Vehicle Type, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
8.2.1. Market Analysis
8.3. North America ELD Market Value, By Component Type, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
8.3.1. Market Analysis
8.4. North America ELD Market Value, By Form-factor, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
8.4.1. Market Analysis
8.5. North America ELD Market Value, By Deployment, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
8.5.1. Market Analysis
8.6. North America ELD Market Value, By Region/Country, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
8.6.1. Market Analysis
8.6.3. Rest of North America
9. Europe Electronic Logging Device (ELD) Market Analysis, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
10. Asia Pacific Electronic Logging Device (ELD) Market Analysis, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
11. Rest of the World Electronic Logging Device (ELD) Market Analysis, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
12. Company Profiles
12.2. Samsara Networks, Inc.
12.4. Trimble Inc.
12.5. Teletrac Navman US Ltd
12.7. Garmin Ltd.
12.8. Geotab Inc.
12.10. Pedigree Technologies
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/bkhogm