DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Smart Packaging Market Size, Market Share, Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts, 2019 To 2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The smart packaging market was valued at US$ 6.87 Bn in 2018 and expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.3% during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027.
Rising needs for environment-friendly sustainable products from various industries will upgrade the market growth during the forecast period. Increasing consumer's awareness of environmental problems raise the concern to adopt an eco-friendly packaging system. Additionally, companies are required to invest in new, sustainable, and innovative packaging materials. For instance, chitin nanowiskers is a plant-based renewable packaging material widely used in packaging industries across the globe.
Growing R&D activities coupled with rising investments in packaging technology will ramble the smart packaging market. The development of research and innovations in the field of smart packaging is likely to built-up up a wide range of opportunities for consumers and large retail outlets, thereby boosting up the market on a global scale. Moreover, the wide-scale implementation of innovative technologies like RFID chips will prolong the opportunities for smart packaging.
- In October 2019, Tetra Pak collaborated with European Commission named Graphene Flagship - a scientific research initiative to explore possible future applications of graphene in food & beverage packaging industries.
- In September 2019, DHL released its Rethinking Packaging system, a new trend that offers a widespread aspect along with the upcoming technological trends in the logistics packaging industry.
Key Market Movements:
- Globally, the smart packaging market is rising at a CAGR of 8.3% for the estimated period from 2019 to 2027.
- North America emerged as one of the leading markets accounting for smart packaging, owing to Swift growth in industries like pharmaceutical, food & beverage, logistics, automotive, and manufacturing coupled with sturdy recovery from economic slump projected to drive the demand in the coming years. In addition, countries like the U.S. and Canada are the key consumer of smart packaging, owing to the rising importance of local government towards packaging quality.
- Rising health awareness among consumers in the Asia Pacific region particularly in emerging countries like India and China, coupled with increasing disposable income of consumers will boost the pharmaceutical market, thereby driving the demand for smart packaging over the forecast period.
An increasing number of government plans and initiatives, up-gradation in technological development, and increasing technological investments in packaging material in the emerging nations will drive the overall demand.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1. Global SP Market Value, 2017-2027, (US$ Bn)
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.2.1. Market Drivers
3.2.2. Market Restraints
3.3. Attractive Investment Proposition, by Geography, 2018
3.4. Market Positioning of Key Players, 2018
3.4.1. Major Strategies Adopted by Key Players
4. Global Smart Packaging Market, by Technology Type , 2017-2027 (US$ Bn)
4.2. Active Packaging
4.3. Intelligent Packaging
5. Global Smart Packaging Market, by Application, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn)
5.4. Personal Care
5.5. Food & Beverages
6. North America Smart Packaging Market Analysis, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn)
6.1.1. North America SP Market Value and Growth, 2017-2027, (US$ Bn)
6.2. North America SP Market Value, By Technology Type, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn)
6.2.1. Market Analysis
6.3. North America SP Market Value, By Application, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn)
6.3.1. Market Analysis
6.4. North America SP Market Value, By Region/Country, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn)
6.4.1. Market Analysis
6.4.3. Rest of North America
7. Europe Smart Packaging Market Analysis, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn)
8. Asia Pacific Smart Packaging Market Analysis, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn)
9. Rest of the World Smart Packaging Market Analysis, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn)
10. Company Profiles
10.1. 3M Co
10.2. BASF India Ltd
10.4. Avery Dennison Corp
10.5. Amcor PLC
10.6. Sealed Air Corp
10.7. International Paper Co
10.8. Huhtamaki Oyj
10.9. Thin Film Electronics ASA
10.10. Insignia Technologies Ltd
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/4gjxmx