DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Antimicrobial Textile Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020-2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The market for Antimicrobial Textile is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period.
Major factors driving the market studied are growing demand from healthcare industry and increasing application in sportswear. Stringent environmental regulations are expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Medical textiles lead the usage of antimicrobial textiles owing to increasing application as medical curtains, bed sheets and pillow coverings, mattress covers and linens, hospital gowns and others for maintaining hygiene environment.
- Asia-Pacific region dominated the market for antimicrobial textiles with India, China, Japan as major countries in consumption.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Application in Medical Textiles
- Antimicrobial agents are used to kill microorganisms or to inhibit their growth. Antimicrobial fibers are textiles to which antimicrobial agents have been applied, either at the surface or within the fibers.
- Antimicrobial agents are introduced to the fiber during spinning or extrusion, combined with dyes or pigments or applied as a finishing process. The chosen method is determined by a variety of factors including final use of the fabric, the capability of the manufacturer and budget.
- Healthcare industry leads in the usage of antimicrobial textiles. These textiles are used in making medical curtains, bed sheets and pillow coverings, mattress covers and linens, hospital gowns which helps to check microbe's growth on the substrate.
- In 2019, eight hospitals including Emory Healthcare, Kaiser Permanente and few others announced, began construction and facility expansion in United States with budget worth ~USD 1 billion.
- Few antimicrobial agents that are used during the textile manufacturing process are Triclosan, cyclodextrin, chitosan, Quaternary ammonium and Others.
- Healthcare industry leads in the utilization of antimicrobial textiles with China, United States, Germany, Japan playing a major role in this market.
Asia-Pacific Region to be the Fastest Growing Region
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to be the fastest growing market for antimicrobial textiles during the forecast period. In countries like China, India and Japan because of growing public health awareness, the demand and utilization of antimicrobial textiles has been increasing the scope of this market during the forecast period.
- The largest producers of antimicrobial textiles are located in Asia-Pacific region. Some of the leading companies in the production of antimicrobial textiles are Unitika Trading Co. Ltd, Birlacril, Jinda Nano Tech (Xiamen) Co., Ltd, Surgicotfab Textiles Pvt.Ltd, Sanitized AG.
- Several finishing techniques in the manufacture of antimicrobial textiles include spraying, curing, plasma sputtering, pad dying and others among which Plasma sputtering is a dry and eco-friendly technology, which offers an attractive alternative to add new functionalities such as water repellence, long-term hydrophilicity, mechanical, electrical and other antibacterial properties.
- As of February 2019, there had been a total of 33,000 hospitals in China, an increase from 1,866 in the same period in 2018 which created scope for antimicrobial textiles market in the region.
- The aforementioned factors coupled with government support are contributing to the increasing demand for antimicrobial textiles market during the forecast period.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format.
- 3 months of analyst support.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand from Healthcare Industry
4.1.2 Increasing Application in Sportswear
4.2.1 Stringent Environmental Regulations
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Quaternary Ammonium
5.2.1 Medical Textiles
5.2.3 Home Textiles
5.2.4 Industrial Textiles
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.3 Jinda Nano Tech(Xiamen) Co.,Ltd
6.4.4 Life Threads
6.4.5 Microban International
6.4.6 Milliken & Company
6.4.7 Sanitized AG
6.4.8 Sinterama S.p.A.
6.4.9 Surgicotfab Textiles Pvt.Ltd
6.4.10 Trevira GmbH
6.4.11 Unitika Trading Co.Ltd
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Development of Non-Toxic and Bio-Compatible Products
7.2 Other Opportunities
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ssrrnr