Strong government and industry funding has given Japan the world's largest cellulose nanofibers (CNF) industry with commercial production facilities operating across the country. Also, ambitious national targets for reducing CO2 emissions make nanocellulose particularly attractive for product development.
Japan is by far the largest producer and consumer of CNF products. CNF research and development started in Japan around 2000, and more than 50 companies are seriously developing their manufacturing technologies and applications. Additional companies are also involved in government projects.
These companies produce CNF on a pre-commercial and commercial scale and produce numerous products or supply to OEMs.
Several CNF-based products have come onto the market in Japan including:
- Ballpoint pen ink gels
- Adult deodorizing products
- Audio equipment
- Hygiene wipes and other products
- Food additives
- Packaging additives
- Concrete additives
- Automotive composites
Report contents include:
- Demand for CNF in Japan
- In-depth details on CNF production processes, materials development and products
- Production capacities for cellulose nanofiber in Japan
- End user markets in Japan
- Trends in cellulose nanofiber in Japan
- In-depth profiles of 54 CNF producers and product developers in Japan
- In-depth analysis of market by applications including estimated market size, penetration and growth
- Applications covered include: Polymer composite parts; Biodegradable and renewable nanocomposites; Automotive composites; Packaging films; Aerogels; Construction materials; Packaging fillers/additives; Paint and coatings additives; Deoderant sheets; Pharmaceutical additives; Renewable plastic parts/casings; Transparent films for electronics; Flexible and printed electronics; Batteries; Flexible and paper batteries; Filtration membranes
Key Topics Covered
1 Executive Summary
1.1 Why Cellulose Nanofibers?
1.2 The Market in 2019
1.3 Future Global Market Outlook
1.4 Global Cellulose Nanofibers Production
1.4.1 Total Global Production Capacity 2019 for Cellulose Nanofibers
1.4.2 Market Demand for Cellulose Nanofibers in Japan 2017-2019
1.4.3 Cellulose Nanofibers (CNF) Production Capacities 2019, by Producer
1.4.4 Microfibrillated Cellulose (MFC) Production Capacities 2019
1.5 Market Challenges for Cellulose Nanofibers
1.6 Cellulose Nanofibers Commercial Products
2 Cellulose Nanofibers Supply Chain in Japan
3 Cellulose Nanofibers Pricing
4 Cellulose Nanofibers in Composites
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Prospects
4.3 Market Assessment
4.4 Applications Map
4.5 Product Developer Profiles
5 Cellulose Nanofibers in Automotive
6 Cellulose Nanofibers in Construction
7 Cellulose Nanofibers in Paper & Board Packaging
8 Cellulose Nanofibers in Textiles & Apparel
9 Cellulose Nanofibers in Medicine & Healthcare
10 Cellulose Nanofibers in Paints & Coatings
11 Cellulose Nanofibers in Aerogels
12 Cellulose Nanofibers in Oil & Gas
13 Cellulose Nanofibers in Filtration
14 Cellulose Nanofibers in Rheology Modifiers for Cosmetics, Pharma and Food Additives
15 Other Markets for Cellulose Nanofibers in Japan
15.1 Printed, Stretchable and Flexible Electronics
15.1.1 Market Assessment
15.1.2 Product Developer Profiles
16 Japan Cellulose Nanofibers Producer Analysis
16.1 Target Markets, by Nanocellulose Producer
17 Japan Cellulose Nanofiber Company Profiles
- Asahi Kasei Chemicals Corporation
- Chuetsu Pulp & Paper Co. Ltd.
- DKS Co. Ltd.
- Daicel Corporation
- DaikyoNishikawa Corporation
- Daio Paper Corporation
- Daishowa Paper Products
- Denso Corporation
- Ehime Paper Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
- Fillerbank Limited
- Fuji Pigment Co. Ltd.
- Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd.
- GS Alliance Co. Ltd.
- Hattori Shoten K.K.
- Hokuetsu Corp.
- Japan Steel Works Ltd.
- KRI Inc.
- Kami Shoji Company
- Kao Corporation
- Kusano Sakko K.K.
- Maniwa Biochemical
- Marine Nanofiber Co. Ltd.
- Marusumi Paper Company Limited
- Masuko Sangyo Co. Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Paper Mills Limited
- Mori Machinery Co. Ltd.
- Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd.
- Nippon Shizai Co. Ltd.
- Nissin Kogyo Co. Ltd.
- Oji Holdings
- Omura Paint Co. Ltd.
- Onkyo Corporation
- Osaka Gas
- Rengo Co. Ltd.
- Ripro Corporation
- Risho Kogyo Co. Ltd.
- Sanwa Kako Co. Ltd.
- Seiko PMC
- Sharp Chemical Ind. Co. Ltd.
- Shinwa Kako K.K.
- Starlite Co. Ltd.
- Sugino Machine Limited
- TS Tech Co. Ltd.
- Taiyo Holdings Co Ltd.
- Tentok Paper Co. Ltd.
- Tokushu Tokai Paper Co. Ltd.
- Toppan Printing Co. Ltd.
- Toray Industries Inc.
- Toyota Boshoku Corporation
- Ube Industries Ltd.
- Unitika Co. Ltd.
- Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd.
- Yoshikawakuni Plastics Industries Co. Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/3dbs6x