WILBRAHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As we celebrate the earliest vernal equinox in over a century, Friendly’s iconic SuperMelt® Sandwich is being heralded once again as the official sandwich of the first day of spring.
“With an early Spring comes an earlier opportunity to take advantage of our latest deal on our iconic SuperMelt sandwiches – cheesy masterpieces in signature flavors and grilled-to-order,” said Dennis Pfaff, FIC Restaurants Inc., Chief Operating Officer. “We couldn’t let this day pass without celebrating the warming days the best way we know how: with melted cheese.”
Friendly’s legendary SuperMelts have been uniting the irresistible combination of melted cheese and grilled bread with a variety of savory and tender proteins since the sandwich’s debut on a Friendly’s menu more than 30 years ago. For over three decades, sandwich lovers have indulged in this classic yet next-level comfort food featuring mouthwatering cheeses that melt and bubble right over the edge.
Friendly’s invites consumers to celebrate the first day of spring by enjoying any SuperMelt at any of its restaurants for a discounted price of 50 percent off on March 19, 2019. The offer includes fries and is dine-in only. There are six varieties of SuperMelt sandwiches on the menu at Friendly’s restaurants nationwide:
- Honey BBQ Chicken SuperMelt® Sandwich: country-breaded, all-white chicken tenders covered in sweet honey BBQ sauce, melted cheddar cheese, crispy applewood-smoked bacon and Ranch dressing on grilled sourdough bread;
- Turkey Club SuperMelt® Sandwich: tasty hand-carved turkey breast layered with applewood-smoked bacon, melted American cheese, tomato and Thousand Island dressing on freshly grilled sourdough bread;
- Philly Steak & CheeseSuperMelt® Sandwich: savory grilled sirloin steak thinly sliced and topped with sautéed green peppers and onions, with melted American cheese on just-off-the-grill sourdough bread;
- Reuben SuperMelt® Sandwich: fresh, tender brisket corned beef, melted Swiss cheese, tangy sauerkraut and Thousand Island dressing on freshly grilled honey-dill rye bread;
- Fishamajig SuperMelt® Sandwich: traditional golden-breaded Haddock topped off with melted American cheese and tartar sauce on grilled white bread;
- Tuna Salad SuperMelt® Sandwich: Ocean-fresh Albacore tuna salad with melty American cheese and tomato on perfectly grilled sourdough bread.
About FIC Restaurants, Inc.:
FIC Restaurants, Inc. is a restaurant company that operates under the iconic brand name “Friendly’s Restaurants”, serving signature sandwiches, burgers and ice cream desserts in friendly, full service restaurants. For over 80 years, Friendly’s Restaurants and their dedicated service teams have delighted generations of guests by offering every day value on great tasting food and ice cream creations. For the future, Friendly’s Restaurants has plans for introducing new and innovative food and ice cream offerings, bright new restaurants, and unique ways to reach and satisfy guests. For additional information please visit www.friendlys.com.