Stainless Steel 2020: Green, Digital .. and Profitable?
Trade tensions and geopolitical risk have been creating uncertainties and affecting the global economic growth in the recent years. The supply and demand balance for Nickel is uncertain and the Chinese industry consolidation has stalled. Margins along the stainless steel supply chain are depressed. How can the Asian stainless steel industry break out of this vicious circle in the year of the rat (a very intelligent animal)?
Around 200 people across the entire stainless steel supply chain attended the Asian Stainless Steel Forum 2019, held in Shanghai in June 2019. The Asian stainless steel industry will meet again at the same place on June 17th & 18th, 2020 to discuss all relevant topics that will shape the industry in the future.
Module 1: Stainless Steel Supply
- Rise of protectionism and trade restrictions - impact for Chinese mills
- China vs. USA Trade War: A great deal' ahead?
- STS ramp-up in Indonesia - has it stalled?
- Capacity developments in China and other Asia - consolidation ahead?
- Integrated NPI based (4-in-1') production systems - impact for European mills?
- Can environmental regulation stop the success of 4-in-1 production systems?
- Are Chinese mills losing their cost competitiveness (Global industry cost curve)?
- Profitability of Asian STS producers
- How to ensure the security of raw material supply?
Module 2: Special Stainless Steels and Superalloys
- Chinese mills moving from commodities to high end STS and nickel alloys?
- Nickel alloys market 2020 and beyond
- Applications for corrosion-resistant/nickel alloys and special stainless steel
- Clad Plates as a high end solution for Gas pipelines
- Will China become the next aerospace super-power (High Performance nickel alloys)?
- Market and applications for duplex, superferriti, superaustenitic, stainless steels
Module 3: Chinese Endusers / Distributors
- The future for STS distribution in China
- How is digitalization changing distribution of stainless steel? Global Outlook for Projects (Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Oil and Gas)
- The future of Power Generation - how can we meet the rising electricity demand?
- Applications for STS in architecture, building & construction
- Automotive: New mobility concepts, implications for stainless and special steel products
- Opportunities for stainless steel in fuel cells
Module 4: Raw Materials: Nickel
- Ni deficit or surplus in 2020 (supply/demand)?
- Ni market balance to 2025
- Will NPI completely replace Class I Ni in stainless applications?
- Status of Indonesian export ban of nickel laterite ore
- NPI vs. FeNi - how intense is the competition at the moment?
- Is the LME / SHFE becoming obsolete? New pricing models for Ni
- Scenarios for Ni in Batteries - which will be the winning technology and how much Ni is needed?
Module 5: Raw Materials: Scrap, Chrome, Molybdenum
- Cr consolidation in South Africa vs. expansion in China - what is up next?
- Power supply problems in South Africa - will this increase FeCr prices?
- How competitive is scrap as a raw material source at the moment?
- Can there be a green stainless steel' without scrap? How can the recycling ratio be increased in China and the rest of Asia?
- Rising Mo prices due to lower output of by-product mines?
- Will oil & gas continue to rise and drive Mo demand?
Module 6: Technology (Green and Digital)
- The steel sustainability challenge - how to reduce our CO2 Footprint
- Can hydrogen replace coking coal?
- How can we promote stainless steel as green material?
- Productivity enhancement potentials in STS production
- Digitalization, machine learning and artificial intelligence
- What separates Industry 4.0 from Industry 3.0?
- How can we ensure cyber-security?
- What are the obstacles for quick implementation of digital solutions?
Module 7: Stainless Steel & Nickel Alloy - Market Trends & Outlook, Futures & Risk Management
- Profitability outlook 2020
- Where do we stand in the business cycle?
- Which industries or regions are booming? Where are the hotspots?
- Market potential in emerging Asian economies (Vietnam, Myanmar, India, ) and Africa
- Slow Chinese market growth: Are production cuts sufficient to stabilize market prices?
- Trends in premium steel segments? Powder production / 3D printing on the rise?
- What are the latest developments and liquidity of stainless steel futures?
- Will the SHFE Stainless futures contract become a global price and risk management tool?
- How to use stainless steel futures to hedge price risk and arbitrage effectively?
- How to manage pricing risk in the value chain?
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/upnem3