DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Plastic Recycling Market Size, Market Share, Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts, 2019 To 2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The plastic recycling market was valued at US$ 41.73 Bn in 2018 and expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.6% during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027.
Rising environment concerns among people worldwide will enhance the demand for Plastic Recycling Market
Growing adoption of recycled products and increased government initiatives to reduce plastic waste during the forecast period from 2019-2027. Rising environment concerns worldwide for effective waste management and sustainable development anticipated enhancing market growth. The Asia Pacific has the highest share in the plastic recycling market in 2018.
In 2018, the global plastic recycles volume was 29,438.0 kilotons. The growing use of recycled plastic in the packaging industry and rapid technological advancement in the industry expected to drive the market in years to come. Growing awareness for plastic recycling is another prominent factor in driving market growth over the upcoming years. The rapidly growing use of plastic to make denim clothes projected to enhance market growth. For instance, in 2012, Levi's was the first company to introduce denim jeans made from plastic bottles and trays. The rising need for better recycling technologies is anticipated to drive the market growth throughout the forecast period.
The plastic recycling market has the presence of numerous global and regional players. Acquisition, partnerships, and collaborations anticipated being the major strategies followed by the market players to expand their market share and geographic presence.
- In April 2019, MOL Group announced the acquisition of Aurora by signing a sales- purchase agreement. With the acquisition of Aurora, MOL Group will enter into the recycle plastic compounding which expected to develop its petrochemical portfolio.
Key Market Movements:
- Globally, the plastic recycling market is expanding at a CAGR of 6.6% in terms of revenue and 8.8% in terms of volume for the projected period from 2019 to 2027
- In 2018, Asia Pacific has the highest share in the plastic recycling market in terms of value and volume owing to the highest share in plastic waste generation and high-volume of plastic waste import in the region. Developing countries of the Asia Pacific such as India, Indonesia, China, Malaysia, and others are major contributors to the region's growth.
- Europe expected to be the fastest-growing region in the plastic recycling market owing to rising government initiatives and enhancement of domestic recycling facilities in the region.
- Based on the material, polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and high-density polyethylene (HDPE) have the largest share in 2018. A rapid surge in the consumption of the aforementioned segments for making packaging materials is the major factor for the dominance of the segments.
- Mergers & acquisitions are expected to be the key strategy by the market players
Key Topics Covered:
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Scope
1.3. Research Methodology
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. Executive Summary
2.1. Market Snapshot: Global Plastic Recycling (PR) Market
2.2. Global PR Market, by Material Type, 2018 (US$ Bn) (Kilotons)
2.3. Global PR Market, by Source, 2018 (US$ Bn) (Kilotons)
2.4. Global PR Market, by Application, 2018 (US$ Bn) (Kilotons)
2.5. Global PR Market, by Geography, 2018 (US$ Bn) (Kilotons)
3. Market Dynamics
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Attractive Investment Proposition, by Geography, 2018
3.4. Market Positioning of Key Players, 2018
3.4.1. Major Strategies Adopted by Key Players
4. Global Plastic Recycling (PR) Market, by Material Type , 2017-2027 (US$ Bn) (Kilotons)
4.2. Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
4.3. Polypropylene (PP)
4.4. High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
4.5. Low-Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
4.6. Polystyrene (PS)
4.7. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
4.8. Others (Polyurethane, Polycarbonate, Polylactide, etc.)
5. Global Plastic Recycling (PR) Market, by Source , 2017-2027 (US$ Bn) (Kilotons)
5.7. Others (Wires & Cables, Molded Products, etc.)
6. Global Plastic Recycling (PR) Market, by Application , 2017-2027 (US$ Bn) (Kilotons)
6.6. Personal Care & Household
6.7. Food & Beverage
6.8. Others (Electronics, Industrial Machinery, etc.)
7. North America Plastic Recycling (PR) Market Analysis, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn) (Kilotons)
7.1.1. North America PR Market Value and Growth, 2017-2027, (US$ Bn) (Kilotons)
7.2. North America PR Market Value, By Material Type, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn) (Kilotons)
7.2.1. Market Analysis
7.3. North America PR Market Value, By Source, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn) (Kilotons)
7.3.1. Market Analysis
7.4. North America PR Market Value, By Application, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn) (Kilotons)
7.4.1. Market Analysis
7.5. North America PR Market Value, By Region/Country, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn) (Kilotons)
7.5.1. Market Analysis
7.5.3. Rest of North America
8. Europe Plastic Recycling (PR) Market Analysis, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn) (Kilotons)
9. Asia Pacific Plastic Recycling (PR) Market Analysis, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn) (Kilotons)
10. Rest of the World Plastic Recycling (PR) Market Analysis, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn) (Kilotons)
11. Company Profiles
11.1. MBA Polymers, Inc.
11.2. MOL Group
11.3. Plasgran Ltd
11.5. Phoenix Technologies International LLC
11.6. Vikoz Enterprises, Inc.
11.7. Plastic Recycling, Inc.
11.8. Terracycle US, Inc.
11.9. KW Plastics
11.10. DS Smith Plc
11.12. Waste Connections, Inc.
11.13. Custom Polymers, Inc.
11.14. Envision Plastics
11.15. Kuusakoski Group Oy
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/5ej09f