DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Paperboard Market Size, Market Share, Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts, 2019 To 2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Paperboard market was valued at US$ 184.64 Bn in 2018 and expected to reach US$ 273.19 Bn by 2027 at a CAGR of 4.5% throughout the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The market size in terms of volume was 93.15 Mn MT in 2018 and is projected to reach 108.89 Mn MT in 2027 expanding at a CAGR of 1.8%.
Increasing usage for paperboard packaging will spur revenue growth during the forecast period
The rising popularity of paperboard packaging and the growing manufacturing industry especially in the developing economies are propelling the paperboard market growth. Increasing awareness among customers for sustainable packaging material coupled with recyclability of paper and paperboard are factors proliferating the demand of the global paperboard packaging market. Manufacturers, retailers and end-use customers find paperboard attractive due to the benefits offered. Paperboard provides a combination of benefits including easy to use, eco-friendly nature, low handling costs and recyclability among others have a positive impact on the growth of the paperboard market. For instance, Duchy Originals redesigned its chocolate boxes, light-weighting them to cut volumes by almost 50% and rebranded themselves as sustainable and elegant. However, paperboards are not used for heavy material packaging as they are unable to handle the mechanical stress.
Additionally, properties of paperboard including reusability and sustainability among others are expected to further boost the market growth. Rising environmental concerns globally, promotion of paper products by governments and ban on usage of single-use plastic products are further proliferating the demand of the paperboard market. Furthermore, high-resolution graphics and double-sided print of paperboard aids in strengthening the brand promotion of products. As paperboard is produced from tree pulp, which results in deforestation, stringent regulations by governments for deforestation and increasing awareness among customers for the same is expected to hinder the market growth in the years to come.
- In August 2019, Sappi Limited announced the acquisition of Rayonier's Matane Pulp Mill. Through this acquisition, Sappi's pulp integration business will get enhanced in the North American and European packaging businesses.
- In April 2015, Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd., announced that it has entered into an agreement with TS Plastics. Through this acquisition, Nippon has entered the packaging market in Asia. TS Plastics is a flexible packaging company.
Key Market Movements
- In 2018, the global paperboard market was valued at US$ 184.64 Bn and is expanding at a CAGR of 4.5%. In terms of volume, the market sales were 93.15 Mn Metric Tonnes in the same year and are expanding at a CAGR of 1.8%.
- Based on the application, the market is classified into graphic printing and packaging. The packaging segment dominated the market owing to increasing global trend of paperboard packaging.
- The graphic printing segment is expanding at the highest CAGR due to the adoption of double-sided branding by companies in order to increase their brand promotion.
- Asia Pacific region dominated the global paperboard market in terms of market revenue. This can be associated with the rapidly increasing packaging industry in the region, and high industrialization among others in the emerging economies.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Scope
1.3. Research Methodology
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. Executive Summary
2.1. Market Snapshot: Global Paperboard Market
2.2. Global Paperboard Market, by Grade, 2018 (US$ Bn) (Mn Metric Ton)
2.3. Global Paperboard Market, by Application, 2018 (US$ Bn) (Mn Metric Ton)
2.4. Global Paperboard Market, by End-user, 2018 (US$ Bn) (Mn Metric Ton)
2.5. Global Paperboard Market, by Geography, 2018 (US$ Bn) (Mn Metric Ton)
3. Market Dynamics
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Attractive Investment Proposition, by Geography, 2018
3.4. Market Positioning of Key Players, 2018
3.4.1. Major Strategies Adopted by Key Players
4. Global Paperboard Market, by Grade , 2017-2027 (US$ Bn) (Mn Metric Ton)
4.2. Solid Bleached Sulfate
4.3. Coated Unbleached Kraft Paperboard
4.4. Uncoated Recycled Paperboard
4.5. Coated Recycled Paperboard
5. Global Paperboard Market, by Application, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn) (Mn Metric Ton)
5.2. Graphic Printing
6. Global Paperboard Market, by End-user, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn) (Mn Metric Ton)
6.2. Food & Beverage
6.3. Medical Packaging
6.4. Personal & Home Care
6.5. Others (Shoe Packaging, Stationary, etc.)
7. North America Paperboard Market Analysis, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn) (Mn Metric Ton)
7.1.1. North America Paperboard Market Value and Growth, 2017-2027, (US$ Bn) (Mn Metric Ton)
7.2. North America Paperboard Market Value, By Grade, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn) (Mn Metric Ton)
7.3. North America Paperboard Market Value, By Application, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn) (Mn Metric Ton)
7.4. North America Paperboard Market Value, By End-user, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn) (Mn Metric Ton)
7.5. North America Paperboard Market Value, By Region/Country, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn) (Mn Metric Ton)
8. Europe Paperboard Market Analysis, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn) (Mn Metric Ton)
9. Asia Pacific Paperboard Market Analysis, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn) (Mn Metric Ton)
10. Rest of the World Paperboard Market Analysis, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn) (Mn Metric Ton)
11. Company Profiles
11.1. Metsa Group
11.2. Sappi Limited
11.3. Caraustar and Cascades Inc.
11.4. Oji Holdings Corporation
11.5. Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd.
11.6. International Paper Company
11.7. ITC Limited
11.8. Paper Works Industries
11.9. Shandong Bohui Paper Group Co., Ltd
11.10. Kappa Group plc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/13hdw3